Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Experienced in Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook.

RA - 150

Customer Question

microsoft office items won't print HPwindows 7 home premium
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  jsterq replied 2 years ago.

jsterq :

This sounds like it is most likely an issue with the driver you have installed if you are receiving error 0x00000709. Do you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit? Make sure you are using the driver that is specifically for either 32 bit or 64 bit (whichever version of Windows you have). You can find out what type of Windows you have by looking at the installation disk or by right-clicking on "computer" on the desktop and selecting "properties", look for "system type" that will say whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit system. If your HP driver disk is for the wrong system type, go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html and download the correct version of the driver and try installing it again.

Customer :

If this does not work Do I get charged $38 anyway?

jsterq :

You only get charged on JustAnswer if you click the accept button for my answer. From their Q&A section:

How JustAnswer Works

1. Ask a question.
Enter your question, and create a user account.

2. Name your price.
Place a refundable good faith deposit.

3. An Expert answers, often within minutes, usually within a few hours.
JustAnswer will send an e-mail notifying you of any answer or request for information from an Expert.

4. Accept the answer.
Your acceptance pays the Expert and tells us you’re happy. If you got great service, consider adding a bonus.

jsterq :

But if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to help you out some more. My actual job is software/hardware support so I'm very used to trying different things to get to a working solution. Let me know if you run into any new error messages or anything else that comes up when you try the steps in my answer above.

Customer :

Full Service Drivers are downloading..60%

jsterq :

Alright, let me know how it goes. =)

Customer :

Installing driver pkge.

Customer :

Actual Installation almost complete...kind of stuck on 3/7 for the device setup page...

Customer :

Hello?

jsterq :

Hey, what part of the installation has you stuck? What is it asking you to do?

Customer :

I'm past that now...BUT..it still shows same error and says microsoft excel cannot connect to printer ..After installation was complete it printed the test page fine ..I can print Word but not excel ..And...still not able to set as default..it brings up the little block but won't let me change previous printer and does not accept setup ..

Customer :

Is that one accept in your profile me or someone else ? I really would like to pay you but I need results..Pretty frustrated with this..have been working on it a long time...

Customer :

Is there a network I need to connect to also through the computer? Does all this count as one question ?

jsterq :

Yeah it all counts as one...the accept on my profile is from someone else.

Customer :

K.

jsterq :

Alright let's try repairing the installation of excel.

jsterq :

We will want to run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature

jsterq :

To run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature from a 2007 Office program, follow these steps:

1. Start the Office Diagnostics tool. To do this, use either of the following methods:

• For a menu-based 2007 Office program, click Office Diagnostics on the Help menu.

• For a ribbon-based 2007 Office program, follow these steps:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Program Options.

Note In this option, Program represents the name of the program.

2. In the Navigation Pane, click Resource.

3. Click Diagnose.

2. Click Continue.

3. Click Start Diagnostics.

Note If the Office Diagnostics tool identifies a problem, it tries to fix the problem.

4. When the Office Diagnostics tool completes, click Close.

Note You can also run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature from the Start menu. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Windows, click Start

2. Point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then clickMicrosoft Office Diagnostics

jsterq :

If that does not solve the issue with Excel, we can try repairing the installation directly through Windows (I can give you instructions on that after you have tried the Microsoft Office Diagnostics)

Customer :

I do not have the Microsoft Office Diagnostics on Microsoft Office Tools....As soon as I can see an Excel spreadsheet spitting out of my printer...Cha Ching!

jsterq :

Ok, let's try the plan B I mentioned (repairing through Windows)....This may require the Office installation disk to be inserted.

Run the Detect and Repair feature:

1. Click Start.

2. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER:

appwiz.cpl

3. Click Microsoft Office Edition 2007 and then click Change.

4. Click the option Repair, and then click Continue.

Customer :

I have Office professional 2010 trial version and it does not give me an option to repair.. just uninstall and change

Customer :

I can even print Access

jsterq :

After you click "change" it will ask if you would like to "Add or Remove Features" or "Repair". So you will need to click "Change" to get to the repair option.

Customer :

k

Customer :

repairing...

Customer :

Should I close out microsoft applications?

jsterq :

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest closing any Microsoft Office windows

jsterq :

I would also suggest restarting your computer after the repair is completed.

Customer :

k

Customer :

Won't I lose this connection with you ? or just log in again?

jsterq :

You can log back into the question session once you're booted back up.

Customer :

Still need some help

Customer :

You made a little change to day huh ?

Customer :

The repair part went just fine..still have same issues.....

Customer :

Customer :

Getting a bite to eat.... brb 20-30min.

Customer :

Back ....

Customer :

Give up?

Customer :

Expert:  jsterq replied 2 years ago.
Yeah, looks like this one bested me. Good luck finding a solution man!
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

My name isXXXXX will try assisting you with this issue.

If you would like we can try starting a remote desktop session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if it doesn't work ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you saying you can assist on the page I am working on ..like a ghost or shadow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been working on this most of the day and I NEED results of some kind before payola
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Cannot print Excel app. Can print Access and WORD
What's wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not that difficult..I'm not building a hard drive out of tin cans and rubber bands here ! Somebody want to earn $38? Stop watching the Super Bowl unless your from NY or Mass
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome, Please do the following Click start and type in the below line and press enter %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3 In the new window, go back one directory to w32x86 Right click on the 3 directory and select properties Go to security and give the group EVERYONE full access ok this, restart your computer and test. If you still have the problem, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
file not found..When setting as default printer I get the error 0x00000709 and make sure printer is connected to network ?..I downloaded drivers full svce. pkg. yesterday and still have the same issues..2 Major issues: I cannot set my printer as default and I cannot print anything from Excel ..Access and Word are fine ... My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.... Help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, just go to %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\

then do this for all directories

Right click on the 3 directory and select properties Go to security and give the group EVERYONE full access ok this, restart your computer and test please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everyone is already highlighted...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then I suggest the following

Uninstall Microsoft Office by going to this link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179

Restart the computer

Then uninstall all printers

Restart the computer

Reinstall Office

Restart the computer

Reinstall the printers

Then restart the computer and test please

Let me know if you still have the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Microsoft Office Pro 2010 Trial Version .What site do you suggest to download another ?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you can do so from here

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks !
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your welcome, let me know if you need more information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The first time I downloaded M.O.P.2010 it stopped halfway and told me I had the wrong key which I had copied and pasted from the welcome email so I know it's right. The disk I have for my printer did not work so I downloaded the printer online last time..Do you have a suggestion for a site for an: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless ? Just got an Error code:
25004 The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to the previous Office 2010 trials being installed. (System error: - XXXXXXXXXX The previous version was uninstalled....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Downloaded the disc for 2010 Office Pro..Everything is fine for the Office Pro but still having a problem making printer default...same error code 0x00000709
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep, Still waiting...
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks~
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I cannot delete a certain printer ..Can someone walk me through those steps? I think this is part of the problem ....Help!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And It won't let me connect this printer to the network in the Excel application only
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did I mention ? When setting as default printer I get the error 0x00000709 and make sure printer is connected to network ?..I downloaded drivers full svce. pkg. yesterday and still have the same issues..2 Major issues: I cannot set my printer as default and I cannot print anything from Excel ..Access and Word are fine ... My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.... Help
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
whose printer is it? is it connected to usb or the network (ethernet)? Did you install other software with the printer or just plug and play in windows?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking about the one I cannot delete or the present printer ? HP Officejet 4500 Wireless is the one that cannot print Excel (Downloaded the full service package from the top email on this list then error'd and tried the basic svce. pkge. and still prints everything except Excel which I also need for my business. The one I cannot delete is not even used anymore , However a geek who's in love with Apple Mac (not related) downloaded this and put in some kind of restrictions which I cannot breakthrough to delete. Every time I tried to delete from the Devices and Printer page it just keeps showing up ! Grrr !!!
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
A definite failsafe option (to get something going very quickly): save the file as a pdf, on my system adobe opens the file that is saved so I can check it, you may have to open it manually on your system, either way, you should be able to print from adobe reader (which is free). I'll work on a better solution, however in the meantime, this will get you going again.

I am reading on some HP bulletins that changing the print quality from fast draft to normal allows printing (I don't understand it, but I didn't write the drivers either). Let me know if that works for you or not, but the pdf should get you going right now while searching for a permanent solution.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that it matters..But I cannot print from Adobe either it defaults to Lexmark and Savin the previous printers and doesn't give me the option to change anywhere ? The properties and page setup does nothing except highlight ...Do you know how I can do that ? I will try the fast draft though ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No options or displays to change printer settings and still shows there is a problem with the printer but won't go anywhere else....
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
A stuck print job in the printer queue will prevent a printer from being deleted. Go into devices and printers then left click on the printer you want to delete, "See what's printing" will show up as an option in the menu bar area of the devices and printers dialog, click "See what's printing", this will show all jobs waiting. Click Printer from the menu bar of that dialog, then click "Cancel all documents". Now attempt to remove the printer.

For the adobe printer selection, make sure you have the newest adobe reader installed. Click on the icon from the menu bar that looks like a printer, the whole dialog should show up, next to "Printer" click the down area and select the printer you want to use from the list.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
You change out of draft quality by selecting print preview in excel, click page setup, go to the sheet tab in the dialog box that pops up, uncheck the "Draft quality" checkbox under Print.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not showing the print preview option and when I try to add printer in Excel I get this error: The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable and does not let me find printer...Re: The Savin printer would only let me delete one of the jobs and shows command error in the box
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Keep reading....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
error processing command in dialog box
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
It's a network problem with the printer, you need to remove this printer and reinstall it through the devices and printers add printers. Once you click add printers, select "add network printers" and search for the correct printer you are trying to use. Understand it works in other programs, but this error means that windows is unable to serve the printer to excel.

You should never add a printer in excel, you only select printers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if the correct printer I am trying to use doesn't show up in the choices..Officejet 4500 Wireless? it only showed 4300& 5500 that was close to it...So I am going to uninstall and then reinstall through the devices and printers Right ?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
Here is a link to the HP driver, I would download the correct software from HP, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3986399&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Recommend selecting the "Full Featured" version. Now, make sure you select the correct version of Windows 7 (32 vs 64-bit).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Keep reading Or can you call me ? XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
I can't call, phone numbers are blocked and it's against the JustAnswer site policy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I'm downloading the basic drivers now It stopped halfway through and error.d out yesterday .I hope it works ..Let you know Thanks
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
Not the basic, full featured.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Full featured didn't load either..when the extract files box comes up ..Where should I have them extracted from ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Desktop, Libraries, Homegroup, computer, Network, control panel, downloads, printer setup, or Keith (the highlighted one) ?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 2 years ago.
Wherever you want, just remember where you put it so you can go there and run the file after you've downloaded it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The full featured doesn't show a printer now at all And the device software didn't load properly The installation window still shows configuring the product... Grrrr !!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now Hp solution downloaded a link to my desktop but not very helpful..unless I can install the printer..Now it shows the printer I want in the box but immediatley shows: Unable to install printer. Access is denied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now Hp solution downloaded a link to my desktop but not very helpful..unless I can install the printer..Now it shows the printer I want in the box but immediatley shows: Unable to install printer. Access is denied. NOW, I am able to scan only ..I need drivers ! Is there any other way to download drivers that won't keep stopping @ the 6/7 pg. part of the download...H E L P ! ! !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Edit
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yea, Thanks ..I really wanted one of these options to work..I spent half the day w/ an HP tech and we resolved for a new comp. or new printer upgrade..to deal with the registry probs. and driver issues.