The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I have a question about Powerpoint can you help me

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.

rhess :

You should be able to directly copy and paste it. In MS Word, click on the text box. There should now be a dotted around it. Put your mouse cursor over top of the line, right-click, and choose Copy. Now, open your PowerPoint presentation, right-click on the slide you want the text box in, and select Paste. Depending on which version of Office you are using, when you right-click, it may say Paste Options. Try the different options to get the look that you desire.

rhess :

Please let me know if this works for you

JACUSTOMER-c72a5ayv- :

I have tried this repeatedly but when it pastes into PowerPoint it loses the text box and the color backfill and simply pastes as the default text size of the PowerPoint presentation

rhess :

I see. Would you be able to use www.wikisend.com to upload the Word document so I can try it out for myself?

rhess :

I'll come up with a solution for you and let you know on here

JACUSTOMER-c72a5ayv- :

Ok

JACUSTOMER-c72a5ayv- :

This is friggin driving me nuts

rhess :

I'm sorry, I'm not permitted to give out an e-mail address because of site policies. In fact, the chat session automatically filtered your e-mail address out to appear as all X's

JACUSTOMER-c72a5ayv- :

OK

rhess :

But just go to http://www.wikisend.com, click Choose File to find the document, then click Upload

rhess :

It will then give you a link to your document that you can paste here

rhess :

Then, give me a few minutes to look it over, and I'll get right back to you

rhess :

I have to step away for about 5 minutes right now, so if you don't see a response from me, I'll be back momentarily.

JACUSTOMER-c72a5ayv- :

OK sent the doc to you

rhess :

Do you have the download link so that I can get to it?

rhess :

After you clicked Upload, it should have uploaded the document and provided you with a link to get to it. Please copy and paste that link in this chat session.

rhess :

Hello, are you still there?

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 4 years ago.
My Name is Andrew, I will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

no need to upload the document.

When you paste into powerpoint,

1. right click
2. under paste options - select "use destination theme"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  ttenaglia replied 4 years ago.
What you really want to do is screenshot the word doc, turn it into a picture that way, and then paste that into Powerpoint. I typically use SnagIt to do the screenshoting.

If all it is is a text box, you can create the same text box and same formatting in Powerpoint directly. It has the same text box features as Word.
for powerpoint 2010

When you paste into powerpoint,

1. right click

for powerpoint 2007

1. click in text box
2. press "ctrl" + "v" on keyboard at same time, this will match the powerpoint background