rhess, PC Consultant
Experience:  I have extensive training in all versions of MS Office

This is an Excel question. I have a CSV file that contains

Customer Question

This is an Excel question. I have a CSV file that contains all my system backup jobs. A few lines are listed below to give you an idea... DC1-CAO-SAMS-LNX,slp-CAO,uapp03320-01-01-01-020,Differential-Incremental,Diff,Sun,0,20:00:00,11:00:00,72000,111600 DC 1-CAO-SAMS-LNX-TRAINING,slp-CAO,#VMD5_DIGEST=47,FULL,Monthly_full,Sun,0,16:00:00,14:00:00,57600,108000 DC1-CSC-TOOLS-MGT-c,slp-CSC_Tools,d1aseuthqa0,User-Archive,Diff,Thu,4,21:00:00,09:00:00,421200,453600 The columns are: POLICY,STORAGEUNIT,CLIENT,TYPE,SCHEDULE,DAY,DAYN,WINDOWSTART,WINDOWLENGTH,STRT_SECS,END_SECS I'll modify it so it only has these columns in the end.. The only ones I care about are POLICY, CLIENT, SCHEDULE DAY, WINDOWSTART and WINDOWLENGTH. What I want to do is use this raw data to create a chart and print it out. I have over 500 of these policies and I want to have a visual chart I can look at to see if there are too many jobs running sometimes and too few at others or vice versa.. Any suggestions? I

PS: Im willing to pay more if there are followup questions and answers..
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.

rhess :

Can you please use to upload a CSV file and paste the link here? I want to do a test import before I write you instructions on how to import your CSV files into Excel and then create charts and graphs with them.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I'm about to leave for a while. I'll get this to you later tonight. Thank you!
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.
No problem....I don't want to just give you generic instructions, they can vary based on the CSV file so I want to make sure I give you correct instructions for your particular situation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I wanted to clean it up for security reasons. I couldn't access the site you requested but I did paste it on pastebin.. It's a small sample of what Ill be looking to chart/graph/map out. Thanks!
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.
Totally you have the link for it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Check the pastebin link in my last note.. :)
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.
Ahhhhhh, sorry about that! I didn't notice the link at the bottom of your post. Let me review this and get back to you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem. I looked after I sent it and saw it was kinda hidden down there. Thank you sir!
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I have a few ideas here, but I want to get an idea of how you would like this to graphically appear....Like, do you want a line chart that shows which policy and how many times on a particular day?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That sounds good. Just make sure it's all tied to day of the week and duration possible duration (last field) of each job.
Expert:  rhess replied 4 years ago.
Ok....I will work on this but I probably won't have anything for you tomorrow. I am going to opt out of the question in case another expert has a more timely solution for you so you don't have to wait....Either way, you should have something soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I'll gladly pay you extra for your work if you can come up with something. Thx.
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!