John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

NEED A VLOOKUP WITH A $25 BONUS TO GET DONE WITHIN AN HOUR ON

NEED A VLOOKUP WITH A $25 BONUS TO GET DONE WITHIN AN HOUR

ON THE ATTACHED SHEET THERE IS 3 PART AAA-BBB-CCC. I COLOR CODED WHAT NEEDS TO MATCH

ALL 3 SHEETS HAVE A HEADER THAT DOES NOT LINE UP.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS IS SHEET CCC COLUMN C MUST MATCH SHEET AAA COLUMN E HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE. ALL OTHER DATA MUST BE LINED UP TO THE RIGHT AND LEFT OF IT CREATING A FORTH SHEET WITH ALL DATA!

1) NEED TO MATCH THE DATA ON SHEET BBB USING COLUMN "B" TO MATCH COLUMN COLUMN “P” ON SHEET CCC --- HIGHLIGHTED IN RED
2) WHATEVER DOES NOT MATCH LINE UP MATCH COLUMN “A” ON SHEET BBB TO DATA IN COLUMN “Q” ON SHEET CCC – IT SHOULD ALSO MATCH ON COLUMN “Z” ON SHEET AAA --- HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN

THAT IS ALL AND PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU MAY NEED.

http://wikisend.com/download/507072/02 02 12 for vlookup .xlsx
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

What is the password XXXXX download the file

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

That is in awfully large file. Can't you send a simple sample file with a few rows of data and relevant sheets only

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try to do now.
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

It's ok not need to do that anymore. I already downloaded and opened the file.

Will review and get back to you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GREAT
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok the term "Line Up" is confusing as it could have many interpretations. Use place data or copy/paste etc

So you want to create a new sheet, then do what? Copy which columns and from which sheets to this new sheet, and based on which criteria.

Could walk me through the process step by step e,g,

- Open a new sheet

- Go through the items in column C on sheet CCC. For each item in C go to sheet AAA and look for a match in column E

- If found, copy the cells ?????? fro AAA (or CCC???) and paste them in cells??? on the new sheet

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If all of the info on the 3 sheets can go to a fourth that would be fine. Really I need to have everything with the main sheet being CCC. There is a 6 digit code in blue that everything is based off. The other columns need to be matched up. basically on a sheet next to it forming many many columns. In the end I need to sort by the six digit code in blue. Let me know if I am clear or I can explain more... thanks
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Yeah but the Item #'s that we're supposed to be matching, I don't see them on the BBB sheet? So what do we pull from BBB?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I was away from my desk.
1)NEED TO MATCH THE DATA ON SHEET BBB USING COLUMN "B" TO MATCH COLUMN COLUMN “P” ON SHEET CCC
They will not all be there. That is why I am trying to get this done to see how many match.
Thanks again in advance.
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks

I will need to write a macro to do all the transfers, Will get back to you when I am done

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I think I hit accept answer by mistake but I know you will finish. Thanks!
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Yes sure I will finish it and get back to you as soon as I am done. Thanks for accepting

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How long do you think it will take? Also I would put a tip on it when done right.
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

I have two jobs that I am working on. I should have yours ready in about 2 to 3 hours from now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good and if you can I need before 5pm East Coast time. Thanks!
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Yes that should be ok

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hope all is well. Hows your timing?
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Still working in it. Writing macros for such a huge file and testing the macro is a real big deal. Have already spent over 3 hours on this project and I am still testing the macros (takes about 1/2 for the macro to complete)

I have to finish it since you have already accepted the answer (otherwise I would have opted out)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for being a gentleman. Will also have other projects in the future and when this works I will throw in extra for your time. I value time as a commodity!
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

macro still running.. it has to process 16,000 x 32,000 plus 16,000 x 1,700 iterations (that is over 5,000 million iterations)...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow one for the record books. I never knew it is that intensive. You are good. Sorry but.......
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok here you go

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201202/132823362902_02_12_for_vlookup1a_.xlsx.html

The combined data is on the "Output" sheet, which consists of the following areas:

- The data that is imported from the CCC sheet is in columns A thru Z (yellow)

- The data that is imported from the AAA sheet is in columns AA thru BN (blue)

- The data that is imported from the BBB sheet is in columns BO thru HS (orange)

The data from AAA is lined on column C and AE

The data from BBB is lined on columns P and BP

(the hardest 9.5 bucks (my share of the accept) I've ever earned! -lol)

Hope this helps