NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I cannot publish my website to the web with FrontPage 2003.

Customer Question

I cannot publish my website to the web with FrontPage 2003. Publishing starts normally, then quits saying it could not find a web server at my username on port 80. My web server says my setup is correct. I have had front page extensions reinstalled. This formerly worked fine but I don't know why it could have changed. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks. maxine
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting but I will not wait much longer before I cancel this whole deal. I expected some feedback within an hour or so after agreeing.
I don't know what additional info you need.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Exact wording of error message received when the publishing stopped (about a fourth of the way through the process according to the status bar): "Could not find a web server at [my server i.d.] on port 80. Make sure Web server name is XXXXX XXXXX your proxy settings are set correctly. If all is set propertly, Web server may be temporarilyt out of service." I called PowWeb (my webserver) and they assured me my settings were correct. Obviously, they are not out of service. I have used these settings and this server before..for 2 or 3 I cannot figure why FrontPage will not work as it always has in the past. I know FrontPage is no longer produced but it is, actually, a good program to work with and easier to use than the Microsoft Expression Studio 4 which I bought to replace it. Also, FrontPage has some features the other does not. So I would like to use it if I can. But I can't use it if I cannot publish my site to the web! I thought that there surely must be some way to do this, though i am not computer-savvy enough to figure it out. --Maxine

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hope to hear from you SOON. Thanks. Maxine

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you not get my response to cancel my question and refund my deposit? If you have not found an answer in all this time, I seriously doubt that it is out there. And your intial promo said that I would have the choice of whether or not to pay the fee. Since I have received NO information--useful or otherwise pertaining to my question--I do not feel obligated to pay. I would expect a reply from you confirming this email since you are the moderator assigned to my case. Thank you. Maxine
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I have also been assured by one of your telephone people that my credit card will be credited with the fee. MJ