Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I've been using OfficeXP 2007 for a few years. I recently got a laptop which came with Windows 7.
I downloaded my office to the laptop.

My documents won't open in OfficeXP Word. Sometimes they make it into my "My Documents"
but when I click on them I get an error message about trouble connecting to Word. I have a blank Word screen and difficulty tracking down my documents which I cannot always open. I have Verizon FIOS and can only hope that is not my problem.

I'm 74 years old and may not last much longer, so please help me if you can. Thanks for listening.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

Before we get started, can you let me know if you have any special add-ons or customizations you've made to MS Office? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not that I know of except toolbars for Yahoo, Verizon, and Norton.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Great, then there is a tool that will take the Word registry back to it's defaults. This doesn't affect your files, please click HERE.

Scroll down until you see the FixIt button, and click that > Download the Fixit file, then open and run it, and follow the prompts it gives you

After it's done, restart word and see if it opens up your documents ok now. Please keep me updated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, Bernie, but it still doesn't work.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
No problem, lets try some other things

Click the Windows Start button > All programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Diagnostics

Run that and see if it can detect and repair errors in your Word program, then try word again.

If still no luck, Click the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Click Uninstall or change Programs > Select Microsoft Office 2007 from the list and click change >

Select Repair and click next > When it's finished, try Word again, I'll stand by.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I still have the problem. But, I did appreciate your efforts to help me.

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
I apologize but for now I need to opt out and open your question to all experts again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like to know how to solve the problem of "there was a problem sending the command to the program" message and then not being able to find and/or open the doc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm not satisfied with anything about this experience. But, you broke the camel's back when you actually charged me for nothing. Please tell me what you see in your report that shows the requirement "Satisfaction Guaranteed" has been met??

I would ask that the charge on my credit card bill be immediately removed. Thank you.