Nick H.
Nick H., MS Office Specialist
Experience:  MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, Lotus Notes 6.5, 8.5
63271161

Im running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I had

Customer Question

I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I had had MS Office 2010 Pro installed on it, but a few months ago, had reformatted the computer. I don't recall whether or not I tried reinstalling the Office Pro after that reformat (which was sometime in Oct/Nov 2011).

I have been trying to install it now, and it is not working.

First, I uninstalled the MS Office 2010 that was on the computer to begin with. That was successful.

Then I tried to click on the MS Office 2010 Pro in order to begin setup and enter my product code. One time, it allowed me to enter the product code and then it suddenly said "setup has stopped working" and the whole thing stopped. I tried again, after restarting the computer, and it won't even get as far as entering the product code now. It just stops working right after it asks me if it's ok for Microsoft to make changes on my computer.

I attempted to uninstall the MS Office Pro via control panel, but get the error message: the language of this package is not supported by your system.

Then I attempted to just insert the disk I have and let it do its thing. Again, the setup stopped working. "setup has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working correctly."

Any idea how to get it to cooperate?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

nick821702 :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please use this link to uninstall incomplete Office 2010 installation.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

nick821702 :

Then restart you machine and reinstall your Office 2010.

Nick H., MS Office Specialist
Experience: MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, Lotus Notes 6.5, 8.5
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if it works or not.

If you get any error, please type the error message and/or error code.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That was a great link. The first solution I had tried unsuccessfully, but downloading that "fixit" thing was the key. It actually didnt' work the first time so I had to try to run it again. And then it managed to remove the Office. I restarted, and managed to install it from the disk.

Thanks for the help! I could probably have eventually found that link myself but it would have taken a while bc I had not thought to look up the suites in my previous searches!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Great! Glad that I could help.

Please click ACCEPT my answer.

Thanks and have a great night!