flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies

I wold like to run a product catalog in Excel and to show the

I wold like to run a product catalog in Excel and to show the product photo for each product when required.

It is also possible to run the catalog from Word getting the data from excel
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 years ago.
A data base program such as access would be a much better choice for something like that. You can store all the information about the product as well as the picture in the same record and just create a form to search for any product based on any criteria and display the picture and information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but I know that. The reason Iasked for excel is that the hassle involved in introducing a new tool to my staff. is there any ready made access application that handles such task.

Thanks, Yehuda
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 years ago.

None that i know of though that doesnt mean that it doesnt exist.

Honestly the hassle of trying to make exel and word do what you want it to do on a dayly basis is going to be far greater than the hassle and or expense of having somebody spend a few hours writing a database program for you that will do everything you want very easily just by using programmed commands to click on or boxes to type search terms in. Your staff wouldnt really need to learn access. Just the few commands that would be programmed in to add an item or search for one. That would be far easier on them than looking through a spreadsheet and transferring to word or trying to create a view that works every time they used it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. Since you can't help me in excel; Can you give some guide lines to a simple screen split to two, one side is the data base line and the other is a form with the product photo and detales, so when you brows through the lines the photo and detales change.

Thanks.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 years ago.

This is a real fast and dirty database with a couple of cats for pictures. Honestly i recomend having a professional spend a few hours making it nice and neat and easy to use. Its worth the money.

But this is a very quick one that just shows that it can be done. It took me 10 minutes and I really dont work with access much.

click HERE to download

flopcat98, Consultant
Experience: degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies