Molinari
Molinari, MS Office Tech
Experience:  Certified IT Guru

I still cannot send photos to Outlook. If the problem is with

I still cannot send photos to Outlook. If the problem is with Office 2007, would it fix the problem if I uninstall office 2007 and then reinstall it? Or would the problem be with Windows 7?

If I uninstall Office 2007 what would I have to save before the uninstall? I know that the pst-file has to be saved, is there anything else that needs savinf?

Regards
Brian
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer.

Thank you,

Brian

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can you send normal Email just not ones with Photos Attached ?

Cheers James
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

Yes I can send emails. My original question to Frederick was:

I have a new Windows 7 computer with Office 2007. I cannot send photos from Microsoft Office Pictures (and Picasa 3) to Outlook, either as an attachment or displayed as a preview in the message. I get the following:- "The message could not be created. If Outlook is running, make sure it has no open dialog boxes, and then try again." (In Picasa the message is:- "The email could not be sent.") Nothing is open in Outlook. How can I send photos to Outlook. I had no problems with my old XP with Office 2003.
I don't know if the following could be the problem:- Every time I open Outlook I get the following -
User Account Control.
Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
Program name: Microsoft outlook
Verified publisher: Microsoft Corporation
File Origin: Hard drive on this computer.
I have to select "yes" to access Outlook. I cannot get rid of this messag.
Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX

I tried all the suggestions Frederick gave me but the problem is still there.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

can i remote on and have a look

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi , Yes you can. What do I need to do?

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok ill send you a link to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

When will the link be sent?

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok i am currently in a session i will send you a link to connect as soon as i can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

When will you be able to have a look at my problem?

If you are too busy, can you pass the problem to another expert.

Regards, Brain

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

I am online all today and tomorrow if you able to those Times>

Cheers James

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

I will ba available for most of today and tomorrow morning.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks , Please message me tommorow and i will connect ,J
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

I now have to go out tomorrow morning, but am available now for the next 3 hours. If this is not convenient some other suitable time will have to be determined.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Ok not a problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

I will be available all day today and tomorrow.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

Please advise when you will be available to have a look at my problem.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
I'm online now if your ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James.

I am available for the next hour,

Is that enough time?

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

It is now 1325 local time, I have to go out. I will next be available at approx 1800 today for about 4 hours.

Brian

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
im on uk time cheers J
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

I am available now for the rest of today.

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
knoker 1234 appears to be too busy and the time difference makes it difficult for both of us to get together.
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question.

Please let me know when a good time is to meet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi rjpoirer,

I am available now and for the next 4 hours.

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi rjpoirer,

I am going away for 4 days & will contact you when I return.

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Okay, please let me know when you have returned.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am available for the next 5 hours

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
I am online now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am back online.

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
I will be online for the new couple of hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I am available for the next 4 hours

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Hello Brian,

Can you please let me know when a good time would be to meet?

Thanks

R.J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on line now and available for a couple of hours.

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
I am online again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am online for the next few hours.

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian,

I am online now for the next number of hours.

If we don't ,set up tonight can we set a time for one day this week? After time after 8:00pm EST works best for me.

Thanks,

R.J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi R.J.

I am online again, is now a convenient time?

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Sure thing!

If you would like we can try starting a remote desktop session so I can help you directly. Please let me know if you would like to start the session.

Thanks,

R.J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, what do I need to do?

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Please copy thio url into your web browser.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=0bbb8302-f277-4308-b62d-6814f8cee438&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you still connected?

The problem is still there.

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a problem with the toolbar, clicking onto an item on the toolbar does not open the item up on the screen. What needs to be done to fix this?

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Toolbar problem fixed.

Brian

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Okay great.

I am sorry we were disconnected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to go out now, I do voluntary work one day a week - today. I will contact you when I am available again.

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so where does it stand now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Molinari,

The problem is still there, I cannot send photos fron Picasa or Microsoft Pictures to Outlook for emailing.

Would uninstalling Office 2007 and reinstalling it solve the problem?

Regards,

Brian

Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
First try this and let me know if outlook changes its behavior....

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When setting the UAC to "Never notify" I can send photos to Outlook from Picasa and Microsft Pictures. However I am concerned about security with this setting.

Regards,

Brian

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
There is really nothing to worry about, User Account Control (UAC) is a security component that allows an administrator to enter credentials during a non-administrator's user session to perform occasional administrative tasks.

If you're paranoid about it, try right clicking on the outlook icon, choose properties, and in the compatibility tab, click on run as an administrator, and then click on change settings for all users and do the same there and see if that works.

Molinari, MS Office Tech
Experience: Certified IT Guru