Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert
30970729

I have excel 2007 and would like to clear all the data in my

I have excel 2007 and would like to clear all the data in my spreadsheet so I can enter fresh year 2012 data.
How do you clear the spreadsheet to start as though from scratch, yet keep the formulas and data formatting?
Thanks
Bill
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

ITPeter :

Hello Bill,

ITPeter :

Welcome to JustAnswer

ITPeter :

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Excel question.

ITPeter :

You should save the spreadsheet under a new name first, so that if any mistakes are made in clearing the old data, you will still have a copy of the original.

ITPeter :

Then to clear all the old data, you will need to select any cells that have inputted data and press the Delete button.

ITPeter :

If you have a lot of data to be deleted, there are a number of ways to select multiple cells at once.

For example, if you want to delete the entire data from a column, you can click the column header letter, then press Delete.
If you want to delete data from an entire row, you can click the row header number to select the row, then press Delete.
You can also select a block of multiple cells by clicking and holding the left mouse button whilst hovering over the first cell, then drag the mouse to make your selection.