Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

Customer Question

I have produced a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION on POWERPOINT 97, and wish to delete: 1. ALL VOICE NARRATIONS on all slides;
2. ALL TIMINGS on all slides.
I do not have TRANSITIONS on all slides to delete.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to My name is Jess and I am happy to assist you today.

If the powerpoint files don't contain sensitive data, can you send it to me? If you can, please click on this link:

In that page, upload the PPT file and after uploading, you will get a 6-digit File ID. Please post the File ID that you got when you reply so that I can download the file.

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I clicked on the site and "BROWSED." It opened my PICTURES list, so the question is now ...... HOW DO I SAVE MY PPT FILE TO MY PICTURES LIST??? As I said, I am a computer novice ......... Ralph
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for writing back.

When you are with the wikisend page, please browse to the location of the PPT file. If it shows My Pictures, please browse the folders where you saved the PPT file.

For instance, if it is in My Documents, please look in the left side of the BROWSE or UPLOAD window for the link that leads u to My Documents where the PPT file is stored.

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
JESS: I am afraid I do not know how to send this PPT file. It is just one of many listed in the POWERPOINT FILE LISTING.

If you can provide me with the method, I will send it. It is not
confidential. Thanks ...
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Please open the PPT file in your MS Office PowerPoint program, and then click on File => Save As. Then browse the folders and then save it in My Documents => My Pictures. After saving it, go to wikisend and you try to upload the PPT file then give me the 6digit File ID.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I decided to re-do the POWERPOINT PRESENTATION because I found additional information I wanted to insert. I had originally intended to delete some of the information on the original and then save that reduced version.

Since you have expended some time, may I suggest that you bill me for .. ONE HALF OF A FULL CHARGE, .............. meaning for $21.00 rather than the full charge of $42,00 since I didn't get a full answer to my question.

By the way, I am of the opinion that there is NO WAY to eliminate the SOUND NARRATIONS on a saved POWERPOINT PRESENTATION.

None of the three manuals that I own discuss a way to do this.

Thanks for all of your help .......... Ralph

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ralph, thank you for writing back.

There is a way to remove the narrations from your slides. Simply look for the speaker icon in the bottom of the slide and delete each of the icons to remove the narrations in the specific slide.

Also, you can turn off narrations instead of deleting. Locate for the command "Slide Show" => Setup Slide Show.

There you shall see an option under "Show without narrations" under "Show Options" group.

For more information on this, please click on the following links:

How to Turn off or delete the narration

How to Delete narration, music, or sound from a slide

Regarding the fees, YES I will notify our moderators to process the Accept at your suggested cost ($21).

Thank you for using

Best regards,