Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I mistakenly tried to put a spreadsheet from the internet on

Customer Question

I mistakenly tried to put a spreadsheet from the internet on Excel & now it keeps trying to go through a configuration process for the whole 2010 Office, says it shows no license & shuts down. I cannot access the program at all. Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

If that does not work, please go to Control Panel, and uninstall it (since the repair option did not work), then restart the computer and reinstall it. Removing/reinstalling the program does not affect your documents/data files. (If you do not have the office disk, you can click here to download).

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Restoring the computer to an earlier date seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you very much for your prompt reply and for giving me more than one option--just in case. I appreciate your help.
Great. You're welcome. (When the solution(s) does not work, you can just always reply and we would try to find another solution and reply back asap). Thank you.