tekbabe
tekbabe, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am experienced in all versions of MS Office
28945689

RR - gz

Customer Question

I just upgraded my computer to run MS Office 2010 Pro from Office XP, SP3. I run XP SP3. I had trouble with my Outlook 2002 XP at the holidays trying to export contacts to either a CVS file or Excel files. Everytime I try, I get this error message:

"A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to establish a field map.

You do not have permission for the file "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Application Data\Comma Separated Values (DOS).ADR." This could be because the disk is locked, the file is read-only, in use by another program, or because you do not have permission to use a network path."
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  tekbabe replied 5 years ago.

tekbabe :

Hello are you there

Expert:  tekbabe replied 5 years ago.

Hello

You have not mentioned what you have done if anything to resolve this.

I will start from square one.

Let me know in detail if you have done anything you have not shared.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010

Insert the CD or DVD media when you are prompted. If you installed Outlook from a network share, make sure that the share is accessible from your workstation.

After you provide the setup files, the setup process will complete successfully. Additionally, any missing or corrupted files in the \MSOCache folder will be replaced.

If the same error occurs in the future, delete the \MSOCache folder, and then run the Outlook setup process again. When you run Setup again, make sure that you select the Repair option in the Change your installation window.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I found this answer at the Microsoft support center. It did not work.

Expert:  tekbabe replied 5 years ago.

Again, not knowing what you have done

I will suggest this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179

Please let me know

Tekbabe

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I followed the instructions in the earlier email you sent when I found it yesterday. I ran the repair on teh Office 2010 installation. It did not allow export of contacts. I deleted the MSOCache folder and ran the Office 2010 repair.

It still does not work.

The second answer you have sent to me is about UNinstalling Office which we do not want to do and it does not address my question.

Expert:  tekbabe replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for letting me know what you have done

I will opt out so that another expert may help you.

thanks, Tekbabe