Ask-A-Geek, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I am a computer systems analyst with years of experience. I also have a background in information security and programming.

When I click on an excel or word file, the program opens but

When I click on an excel or word file, the program opens but in a grayed out version and I'm not able to see anything. When I open Excel or Word and then open the file everything is fine. I've removed and reinstalled the program but nothing changed. Using 2007 office and Windows XP is the computer.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Ask-A-Geek replied 4 years ago.

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Hi there

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I have an XP computer with Office 2007. When I click on an excel or word file it opens but I'm not able to see any of the information. When I open Word or Excel first and then open the file, everything is fine. I'm uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program but that did not fix the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need more information?

Hi there,

Sorry. There were technical difficulties with the site. It would not let me reply to this question.