Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I bought a computer with Vista installed . I installed Office

Customer Question

I bought a computer with Vista installed . I installed Office 2010 and had no problems . I then installed Windows 7 and since then I have to enter the product code or phone up for acode when I want to open Outlook ; any ideas ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

What happens when you enter the Office 2010 product key/code (not the windows key) and/or when you call?

Have you tried to uninstall all microsoft office program(s) from control panel, and restart the computer and reinstall your office 2010 program?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times . It no longer allows the use of the Product Key on installation ( used too many times ) , I have to do it by phone . It gives an error code and says the most likely reason is another version of Office is installed on the computer but this is not the case....
Have you tried the phone option:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have used the phone option, but problem always returns - I have never spoken to a human being though , always an automated response
Can you try the Revo Uninstaller program to uninstall office?
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
, download and install it, then select Microsoft office, and click on Uninstall, then select the advanced option when prompted, and select all and delete and confirm, then restart and try to install again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which Mode would you recommend - Advanced ?
Yes, I suggested Advanced previously, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK , I will try it
OK, please take your time, thanks.
Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , I have done that and activated by phone , it works at the moment but Iwill only know if the problem is solved in about a week or so ; can I contact you again if the problem returns?
Great. yes, you can contact me via this web page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again , Fix hasnt worked I'm afraid , it is asking for the product keyagain and when entered terminates the setup . Any suggestions?
Hmm, that is strange. Did you uninstall all microsoft office program last time?

What if you enter the product key again? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again ,
Fix hasn't worked I'm afraid , it is asking for the product key again and when entered terminates the setup . Any suggestions?
Can you try the Revo Uninstaller program one more time? Make sure when you select the Advanced option, and select all whenever prompted and delete/confirm, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again . Uninstalled , restarted computer , loaded Office , activated by phone ; I will get back to you if I have further problems . ATB
OK, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , back to the beginning with the same problem - still asking for product code
It's very strange. Did you remove all office programs before reinstalling? If you enter the product code, it still does not work? Can you uninstall office again and don't use the office disk, but download and install at
https://www2.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/usa/registerkey.aspx?ref=backup&culture=en-US
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I removed everything the Revo advanced option found . I then reloaded and activated by phone as the product key has been used too many times to use again for activation .It now works although it today asked for the product key again . I will try removing and downloading the programme tomorrow
OKay, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ironically I can only get to that page on my iPhone . Where on the MS site is it ?
Try this one:

http://office.com/backup

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says that the product key provided represents a product not eligible for free download
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK , all done , back in business .....I hope you don't hear from me again : (
All the best
Great, ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello , me again , problem is back . There must be something in my computer that relates to another Office programme . Any more ideas ?
Sorry, it's strange as we use the revo uninstaller program in order to remove office completely. Can you back up your files and reinstall windows, then remove any office program before installing your office? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok , I will try that and let you know
OK, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , The problem is still there , seems to be unfixable , any more ideas?
Did you reinstall windows, i.e., all your data on the computer were wiped out? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to do that later in the week , I don't have time today . I take it that I will then have to load every single programme again and with no guarantee that this will solve the problem?
It should resolve the issue as windows is fresh. Thanks.