John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I have an excel spreadsheet with production information for a nursery.

Customer Question

I have an excel spreadsheet with production information for a nursery. The main production sheet has many columns but there are some columns that show in which week certain tasks need to be done. I want to create a new sheet that will only show those rows that have a week number in a range that match my entered week value.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

I will be happy to help you with this. Do you have the file available that you could send (let me know if you need help uploading files on this site)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I upload?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Attached the file
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Ok go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
File ID: 370520
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

I got the file, thanks

Ok which column should determine if the row will be included in the new sheet.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Columns B through J
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

So that means if there is ANY value in columns B thru J then that whole row will be copied, correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct. There could be more than one column in a row with the same week number
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

hmm. Looking at the current table all 20 rows will have to copied since there is no row that has ALL the cell in column B to J blank. Doesn't make sense.

I think you need to walk me through one example and tell what exactly needs to be copied

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you looking at the Master_List worksheet?
If I enter 14 in the EVL_Action worksheet cell A2, row 2 of the Master_List should show up in the EVL_Action worksheet row 3. If there are more than one row with the number (eg 30) then all those should show up on the EVL_Action worksheet
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Where did you tell me all that before, or was I supposed to have guessed it? Why should it take 10 or so posts to get this crucial info.

.At this point you should consider accepting and I will continue with the work

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not here to be chewed out by you. You have the file and I would assume that you can quickly drill down to what the issue is. You could have asked a mor pointed question earlier on. If this is your style of customer service I am not interested in working with you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Very unhappy with the attitude of this Expert. I am not paying to be chewed out but to get an asnwer. Pls. refund my money or get me someone who knows what customer service is
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

No problem. Good luck

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When will the funds be refunded?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Not happy with Expert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Not happy with Expert
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting for an answer.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I used Simit in August and he was very professional and got to the point very quickly. If he is available please ask him to assist me. Thanks for your help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I p;ost the question again and word it differently to see if there is someone interested in earning some money. This thread seems to have died.
Hi

If you like, I can close it if you would like me to.

Thanks :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes please close and make the funds available for a new post. Thanks