Pam R
Pam R, Computer Specialist
Experience:  13 yrs+ supporting Office issues

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I have been typing a document in Word 2010 on aplatform of Windows 7
I have been saving as I go and then suddenly lost all of my text except for one word. The filen still exists in My Documents and shows content of 29MB.
Can you help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.

Pam R :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to try and resolve your issue.

ptw123234 :

In order for me to assist you could you give me the following information. Have you closed the document and saved it since you discovered the lost text? If you havent closed it since please do not close or save it.

ptw123234 :

When you have saved the document have you always overwritten the previous one or have you changed the name of the document each time you have saved it.? thanks

Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.
Can you view this response?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pam

In answer to your ptw 123234;

(1) I have saved abd closed the document since I lost the text

(2) I used a previous document as the base for a new document. So I opened the previous document and performed a "save as" and renamed the new document. I then commenced deleting and inserting text into the new document. After about 2 pages of typing the text the 3 rd page appeared accepted one nword and then died. I opened "recent documents" and tried ton recoer that way to no avail. Also tried " restore previous versions" to no avail. Also tried to save the open document without success. In frustration i deleted the open document. I have always assumed that even if a document is deleted it is still lurking somewhere on the "C" drive. Can you help??

Tony xxxxx

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The answer was not adequate and no follow up suggestion was made to my response of December 14th. I have moved on. As a result I believe I am entitled to a refund of my deposit.

Thank you

Tony xxxxx

Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.
I will arrange your deposit refund for you sir. I unfortunately did not see your response it did not show up on my interface. Apologies.