NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have windows 7 desktop. The rest of the office have xp.

Customer Question

I have windows 7 desktop. The rest of the office have xp. When i try to access our 'Access' data base, i can get to the front screen, but when i try to open our estimates section it comes up with 'there was an error executing the command'. I have checked permissions on the server and all seems in order for everyone to access. But i cant get in. Any ideas?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 4 years ago.
My Name is Andrew, I will be helping you toady. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

Can you access any other files on the server?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, yes can access everything ok. I can access the data file and view everything there, i just can't open the form side, ie the 'shell'. Just keeps on saying 'error executing the command'. I was wondering if there is a conflict between the older Access version the data base was created on and the newer version Access 2010, or if there is somekind of conflict between XP and Windows 7.
I think access relies heavily on VBA, I think there were some changes in 2007 - 2010. Also if windows 7 is 64 bit and its trying to open a 32bit file, or vise versa, that may be part of the problem. I think you should get the latest office service pack on both the server and win7 machine, also update to the latest version of .net. It won't hurt anything to do this and may correct the problem.

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll give you some thing else to try
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks

Will give this a go when back in the office. Will let you know how i get.
i do have some other ideas to try incase this doesn't work, but its best to try one thing at a time. NO NEED TO REPLY BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED THE FIRST step.