Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

Im not sure why this happens: in the middle of creating and

I'm not sure why this happens: in the middle of creating and Excel spreadsheet, when I click on a cell it automatically highlights two or three or four cells vertically, as if i click and dragged. This is a problem if I only want one cell. I've noticed I can click (lets say four cells are highlighted or selected) and drag up, and it will eliminate cells one by one from my selection until just one cell is selected. It's not consistent in how many cells it autoselects. Why does this happen, and how can i get rid of it?!?!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using

Please try some of the followings:

1. Press/tab the wheel on the mouse if there is one.
2. From the View menu, change the page view from Page Layout to any other View option, such as Normal
3. Close Excel, open the spreadsheet and check.
4. If cell still selects multiple cells, up keyboard up/down/left/right to select the cell you want.
5. If it says EXT or Extend Selection in the bottom left corner of Excel, then it is in Extended mode - try tapping the F8 key once. (Or just press F8 key.)
6. Try to adjust the zooming percentage from View tab > Zoom , try 100% first.

Thank you.