IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have resently up-graded to MS 2010 and now the Outlook e-mail

Customer Question

I have resently up-graded to MS 2010 and now the Outlook e-mail i wish to print, prints with most of the characters missing. Any canned salutation or graphics are not affected. Hwat is going on?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

There could be several causes of that problem:

#1. Change Internet Explorer printing settings because Microsoft Outlook 2010 uses those settings

Exit Outlook and open Internet Explorer. Then click File > Page setup... (press Alt if you don't see File and other menus). Once there, examine the settings currently selected and change them as needed (for example Paper Size, Margins, Font, etc). Press OK when you are done. Now open Outlook and test the printing.

#2. Install Complex Script support files

Those files are required in cases you don't see all the characters. Navigate to Control Panel and under Clock, Language, and Region select Change keyboards or other input methods (or simply click Start > Run and type: intl.cpl and press Enter). There click Install/uninstall languages... button and then select Install languages. Select Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. Wait for it to install and close it. Then check Outlook mail printing.

#3. Update printer drivers

It could be you are using an old printer drivers and to update it, go online and download the latest drivers. Just write your printer brand and model in any search engine and it will take you to printer support web page where you can download the drivers. So, install those drivers and hopefully, you won't have missing any characters.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Option # XXXXX Did not work

Option #2 ended up at the MS download site where Arabic was not available to download nad the rest ended up at download screens in the native language... that was impossible to navigate.

Option #3 I double checked the drivers through Kodak and they were up-to-date.

I will take the proble, machine, to a local service tech and have him navigate this twisted trail.

PLease change my billing to $0 and cancel this request.

Bill xxxx

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Option # XXXXX Did not work

Option #2 ended up at the MS download site where Arabic was not available to download and the rest ended up at download screens in the native language... that was impossible to navigate.

I will take the problem, machine, to a local service tech and have him navigate this twisted trail.

Bill xxxx