The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Hi, I was updating my business website using Frontpage 2003.

Customer Question

Hi, I was updating my business website using Frontpage 2003. I wanted to switch the "Page_3.htm" with "Page_2.htm". When FrontPage gave me the prompt, asking me if I wanted to replace "Page 3" with "Page 2" I said "yes", thinking that I would be given a prompt to re-name it something like "Page 3 copy" - but instead I/it overwrote all of "Page 2" and now I have NO PAGE 2 - anywhere. I shut down FrontPage and when it asked me if I wanted to "save" the changes, I said "NO", but when I re-opened the program, "Page 2" was nowhere to be seen. I then found out that my back-up stopped working correctly in June. Is there any way I can re-cover "Page 2"? It took me 4 days to make all the edits, so I am feeling pretty defeated at the moment. Also, how would I switch the sequence of pages in the future? Thank you for your time and any ideas that you may have to enlighten me! XXXXXXX XXXXX ([email protected])
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 5 years ago.
My Name isXXXXX will be helping you toady. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

Kinda depends on whether you actually overwrote the file. try doing a file search in windows for "page_2.htm" maybe you had it stored someplace else or it got moved. At the very least this will tell you if it is still on your computer. Also if you have the site on another computer and you didn't overwrite those files, you may be able to do a search there. Page may also be cached somewhere in your local browser if you viewed it via http://localhost, in which case the windows search should find it, and you can just simply copy and paste the sorce code to a new file.

Let me know if any of this works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for trying to help, but I can't take any more time on trying to find the lost page as I have to have it done by....tonight! So I shall be nose-to-the-desktop, recreating it and I have to start right now. What do I do about the payment?
Melinda
i don't handle payments, that is done by customer service. ill refer to them. As far as I know if you don't accept I don't get anything anyway.