MrWeb
MrWeb, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I've been fixing MS Office issues for over 10 years.
53922461

I am considering moving to a 64 bit version of Windows 7..

Customer Question

I am considering moving to a 64 bit version of Windows 7.. mostly so that my outlook, word and other applications have more room to coexist. Right now outlook seems to create havoc and wonder if anyone out there has experience with outlook (32 bit) installed on 64 bit win 7 easing some of the burden.. or is it the core processors that will help me more with multiple programs coexisting well? I have not worked with 64 bit win 7 yet at all.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  MrWeb replied 4 years ago.

JACUSTOMER-gc5ap0zp- :

If you are planning to use 64 bit windows 7, I suggest you re-install all your programs to use the 64-bit version. I'm not sure if this will give you more room. I believe it will probably take up the same space. But if you are using a 64-bit OS, you want to use a 64-bit application for compatibility and performance.

JACUSTOMER-gc5ap0zp- :

I know the windows outlook for 64-bit is still being supported by microsoft. The 32-bit version, they stopped updating it, so if you are looking for a more stable version I suggest moving to the outlook 64-bit version.

JACUSTOMER-gc5ap0zp- :

I do not recommend you using 32-bit outlook with win7 64-bit.