Ryan B.
Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have experience resolving many microsoft office problems

please help me with Windows 7 mail merge

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.

Ryan B. :

To open an existing data source, follow these steps:

1. In the Mail Merge task pane, click Use an existing list, and then click Browse under the Use an existing list heading.

The Select Data Source dialog box appears.
  2. In the list of files in the Select Data Source dialog box, select the data source that you want to use, and then click Open.

If the data source that you want is not in the list of files, click the appropriate drive and folder, and then select the appropriate option in the List files of type box.

Word displays the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box for you to edit your data more. When you finish your editing changes, click OK.

Your letter is displayed.
  3. Click Next: Write your letter to set up your main document.
  4. Proceed to the Step 3: Edit the main document section later in this article.

JACUSTOMER-k1dar9z3- :

I have done all you have suggested and it doesn't work. I have been told that the Office Home and Student 2010 is just a trial. Windows 7 alone does not mail merge. What do I need to have it work?

Ryan B. :

Alright, unfortunately I am going to have to opt-out and forward your question to another tech. If my solution didn't work then maybe another techs solution will work.