Bernie
Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

zoom outlook 2003

Customer Question

zoom outlook 2003
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is Bernie and I will be your expert today.

To zoom in on your email in Outlook 2003:

Try pressing and holding down the CTRL key on the lower left of your keyboard and the + key in the upper right of your keyboard.

Alternatively you can press CTRL and scroll the wheel on your mouse up if it has one.

Let me know if that clears it up, if not, we will try some other steps, just post back please.

Thanks,
Bernie
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry this is not the answer required. The user says he has always had a magnifying glass 'zoom' icon in new messages and in messages opened from the inbox. I can add the 'zoom' item from the customise toolbar section which allows zooming only in NEW messages if edit messages in Word is selected, but this does not work on inbox messages.
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
I understand, thanks for letting me know more about this issue.

Are they using Windows XP, Vista, 7?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
XP Pro
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Try 3 things:

1. Click the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Add remove programs > Select Microsoft Office 2003 from the list and click change >

Select Repair and click next > When it's finished, try to make the changes again and see if the zoom bar is back

2. Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time before your issue occured. You will not lose any files, see if that gets Outlook back to normal.

3. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Office.

Keep me posted

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
These are drastic measures that could introduce a host of other issues I would rather not endure! It needs to be able to be turned on in a clean installation which I cannot see on another workstation, so I am missing something just dont know what! Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
I understand.

I will opt out and open your question to all experts again.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.
I know you can also change the font sizes in outlook windows but this is not the answer either. I did see another post with the exact problem and will add it here if I can find it (verifies the problem does exist and a magnifying glass is possible which is why I am still searching!)