Bernie
Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

left click wont make cursor appear in word doc when i want

Customer Question

left click wont make cursor appear in word doc when i want to copy and paste from mailer.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is Bernie and I will be your expert today.

Which version of word do you have (Word 2010 for example)?

How long ago did this issue first start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm using Word 2007 on my laptop but the document showing the problem was created with Word 2003 on my desk top. My mailer is Pegasus. Problem started this morning.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, since this started happening fairly recently, as a first step, lets try this, Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time before your issue occured. You will not lose any files.

If that doesn't work, please let me know if you have any special add-ons or customizations to your Word 2007 by posting back to this page

To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, or use this web address (write it down): http://is.gd/hxR4Ot

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The problem remains after the reset. I don't think there are any special addons or customisations. I can get the cursor into other docs OK. The problem became apparent when I tried to copy and paste from Pegasus. I could try to see if it occurs when I try to copy and paste between other docs but am reluctant to try. I will try a few other harmless tests.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
I see, it looks like it's definitely just an issue with this one document. Try to copy and paste from Pegasus to notepad, then from notepad to Word, and see if that works.

Also, can try opening and repairing the document:

1. Start Word.
  2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.
  3. In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.
  4. Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.

Finally, if none of those work, try opening a new blank document, then go back to the problem document, press CTRL + A on your keyboard, and see if you can select everything. Then, press CTRL + C to copy, go to the new document, and CTRL + V to paste. Now see if you can copy and paste from Pegasus into this new word document.

Keep me posted

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay---my wireless connection to my laptop seems to have failed!

Neither of the above worked. However I should have said that when I tried to get the cursor in a box would appear round the whole text of page 1 of the doc. I could still get the cursor into other pages. I have monaged to get rid of the box and can now get the cursor in. I will now go back to see if I can copy from Pegasus into a dummy doc buit I have now to leave the computer to attend to other duties! Please email me again if I lose contact with this internet page.

Thank

Leo H

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Ok, please keep me posted

Thanks,
Bernie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. Will keep in touch.

Leo H