The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

Access. Two tables with only ten records each. Trying to establish

Customer Question

Access. Two tables with only ten records each. Trying to establish a relationship (1:1 join) and get error stating one table "may have record(s) the primary table does not." I am using the exact same primary keys. Product numbers in both. Exactly same. Wasted hours. I'm stumped. What's up?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.
My Name is XXXXXX, X will be helping you toady. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

what you need to do is

1. make sure the table you wan't to copy has a primary key, autonumber is XXXX
2. select the table you want to copy and press "ctrl" and "c" together on your keyboard.
3. press "ctrl" and "v" together on your keyboard
4. make sure the structure and data option is selected and press "ok"
5. click the "database tools" tab
6. click "relationships"

7. drag and drop both tables to relationships pane
8. drag the primary key of one table onto the primary key of the other table, this will open the edit relationships box
9. check "enforce referential integrity"
10. click "create"
11. you will have a 1 to 1 relationship
12. Please Accept and have a very happy holiday season
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Andrew,

Attached a pdf of each of the two tables I have. I tried what you suggested earlier, and it will not permit me to complete the relationship link without an error message related to referential integrity. I am trying to use the "UPC Code" in first field on both tables as the pimrary key... won't let me.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

then you have duplicates in the primary key column.

1. open access
2. open your db
3. click the office button in the upper left of your screen
4. choose "save as"
5. choose the option for "save as access 2007"
6. give the file a different file name so you don't confuse it with the 2010 version.
7. upload the file to www.mediafire.com
8. paste the link here.
9. I will download and try to fix it for you.
1. open access
2. open your db
4. choose "save as"
7. upload the file to www.mediafire.com
8. paste the link here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m4m9mc4mhd68r6n
I downloaded the DB but I can't even open it for some reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Problem solved via another resource. No issue with responses I received from expert, but with file issues and problems, never was able to resolve via "The PC Guy". I do appreciate the attempt and quick response, but do not believe a charge should be applied on this case. I am happy to return and use funds for additionL help in future. Thanks.
Please understand that I do not control billing, I am a freelancer, this is how I make a living.

Feel free to ask for me again in the future if you need my help.

I will refer the matter to customer service per your request.