Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Experienced in Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook.

I am preparing an Excel form and I need to populate a cell/merged

Customer Question

I am preparing an Excel form and I need to populate a cell/merged cell with text that can be of various sizes. I have set (merged) cell properties to expand to fit text. I can type the complete text and the merged cell will include all data, however I have to manually expand the cell. I have tried a text box which will expand but it "writes" on top of the cells below.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 4 years ago.

Zabo04 :

Hello, I may be able to help you. What version of Excel are you using? I'm using 2007, but 2007 or anything below will work. Also, this will, most likely, require the use of some VB script (which means you'll have to trust the excel file to allow the VB script to run). I'll also need to know the range of cells over which you want to auto resize/widen the cells as you enter text (actually, it won't resize until you type the text and hit enter or move to the next cell). And I'll need the excel file, which you can provide by attaching to this chat window as an image (it's a generic attachment process so it works for any type of file less than 5MB). Otherwise, wikisend and mediafire are two free sites you can use to get me the excel file to work on. Hopefully you'll find this a good start towards helping you with your question.

Zabo04 :

I may not be online when you respond, but when I see that you have responded I will check back to help you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response. I am using 2010 and can send you the document later.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 4 years ago.
Okay, save as a 2007 document so I can work on it, or I can opt out. This worksheet should be able to be worked in either 2007 or 2010, so saving as a 2007 document should make no difference, if it does I will opt out and let another expert answer.