NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

ms office not working. Outlook, word, excel, power point all

Customer Question

ms office not working. Outlook, word, excel, power point all say I do not have enough memory or disk space. Started after I removed a couple of programs that I didn't need with Add/Remove feature. Everything else works, including IE, Chrome, Firefox, and programs requiring a lot of memory and disk.
I tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling, and still the same problem.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

IT_Help :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

IT_Help :

Please let me know what version you are usning?

IT_Help :

And do you have a valid license for that ?

IT_Help :

Can you alos let me know what you your system memory and hard disk size?

Customer :

Office 2007, Standard Edition

Customer :

Yes, I have a license

IT_Help :

Ok, thank you

IT_Help :

I can help you

IT_Help :

Can you please let me know the current situation ? I mean is it uninstalled from control panel?

Customer :

I have a 160 Gig hard drive and 2 Gig Ram.

IT_Help :

Or you reninstalled it and not working

Customer :

I reinstalled

IT_Help :

It is now installed right ? and as you said 160 GB may be you have enough free space

Customer :

yes

IT_Help :

Is it more then 10 GIG?

Customer :

Maybe 8

IT_Help :

Ok

IT_Help :

Please click on Start ->All Program->Microsoft Office -> Word

Customer :

message "there is not enough memory or disk space for Word"

IT_Help :

Ok,

IT_Help :

Wait please

Customer :

Can we continue later? Very tired now, got to get some sleep.

IT_Help :

Oh, sorry

IT_Help :

Sure

IT_Help :

Just open your email or just answer account and follow my instruction

IT_Help :

Full Size Image

IT_Help :

If you double click on My Computer -> Right Click on C: drive and Click on Propweties

IT_Help :

Start disk cleaning

IT_Help :

It will take serveral minutes

IT_Help :

Restart your computer

IT_Help :

You can go with an alternative way- Go to Control Panel ->Add/Remove Programs-> Remove Office. And at the same time Go to C: drive and open Program File ->Find Office-> Delete it.. Go to Start -Run-> regedit->HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Expand by clicking + and Find Office. Right Click on it and Delete. Later Restart the machine and install Office Again. It should work.

IT_Help :

If you are satisfied please click on ACCEPT and leave a Feedback.

IT_Help :

Thank you for Using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed instructions. Now it still does not work, but there is no error message. The cursor just shows an hourglass for about one second, and then goes back to the regular cursor. This is for Word, Excel, and Outlook. PowerPoint gives the message that there was a problem and the program needs to close, do I want to send a report to Microsoft.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

Wait please I am going to send the instruction soon

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry that I sent you an destruction but for network difficulty it was not going through.
I guess system restore will be a convenient solution for you. After system restore you may lose some program you install recently but your documents will remail same.
If you click Here you will be able to see the step by step instruction.
After clicking the link click on Click here to view or hide step-by-step instructions with pictures under How to use System Restore to restore Windows XP to a previous state.

If you finish your System Restore install your Office 2007 and good to go.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already replied to tell you that the problem was NOT solved. I contacted Microsoft, and just a few minutes ago (actually 5-10 minutes) I got everything running again (well, almost, not quite).

The 'solution' was to create a new user. Then Office would work there. After that I had to contact the Win XP team to move all my data to the new user.

FInally, I had to contact the Office team again to move the office data to the new user.

I still have the problem that to get back to the start, I need to delete my original user (Owner) and then rename the new user to Owner. First I need to make sure that there is no missing data or other problem.

So, sorry, but I can't pay under these circumstances.
Sincerely Tim
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
No, problem. I am opting out so that other expert can help you more.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't need more help. Thanks.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your understanding.