Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.
10156100

I have forgotten my windows 7 admin and or my personal account

Customer Question

I have forgotten my windows 7 admin and or my personal account password XXXXX have downloaded software to correct this by using my cdrom but it will not boot from the cd I looked in the bios and it appears the cdrom is disable for booting if this is possible I do not know how to enable it. At this point I can use all the help I can get.
Thanks Jim Brill
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

When you go into the BIOS by pressing enter on disabled next to CD will allow you to change it. Also the bottom of the screen or off to the right how to change the boot priority.

Also on most computer if you repeatedly pressing F9 when the PC first boots also should be you into boot order.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been in the bios and have tried to change the disable button and have had no success. I have also changed the priority tab for the boot order.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
You have been able to enable CD ROM? If so when you enter the CD it does not boot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been in the bios and have tried to change the disable button and have had no success. I have also changed the priority tab for the boot order. I can not change the cdrom form disable to enable
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you help me?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello!!! is anybody there???
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
did not respond after second question
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
In Bios can you look for CD ROM not in boot priority. It make be disabled in another spot not allowing to to enable.

Did you try the + button on your keyboard?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I have tried that also. I do not know where else to look for the CD ROM in the Bios settings
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
Can you start the computer and as soon as it starts start tapping F9 to see if you can bring up boot devices and select CD ROM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a screen that says " choose advanced options for :Windows setup

safe mode

safe mode with networking

safe mode with command promt

enable boot logging

etc:

Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
OK, I will need to opt out and open the question to other experts. Who maybe able to further assist you.