EADADDARIO
EADADDARIO, MicrosoftOfficeGuru
Experience:  Microsoft Office guru, especially Microsoft Excel

I am using excell 2003 with windows XP. I have numerous worksheets

Customer Question

I am using excell 2003 with windows XP. I have numerous worksheets that compute the cost to manufacture various pies etc for a baker. Various results from each of these worksheets are summarised on another worksheet that give the manufactured cost, wholesale price and retail price. The problem I have is that any changes to the various worksheets do not automatically update the summary sheet unless you do one of two things. (1) Move the summary sheet to another position (example from the bottom left of the screen to the middle or the right of the screen, just as long as you move it is sufficient)and all updates will take place. (2) Double click on the cell where the result is shown in the summary sheet and then hit enter and it will refresh with the new updated information for that cell only.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I think I have an idea what might be causing this. Would you be able to send me the file so I can check it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I attach the file to this reply
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.
Ok go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is sensitive as it has the customers name on each worksheet. I did send a copy of the file yesterday at 5.30pm to the following email address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX'
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

No we are not allowed to use email on this site

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should have been told that yesterday. So now that you know it is sensative and I know that you can't use that email address what is the answer?
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

hmm.. No, you should have told me yesterday that your file has sensitive info and I would have told you what to do, instead of keeping me waiting. Anyway I'm opting out

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Keep you waiting, you are obviously in a different time zone than I am as I went to bed and could not wait any longer for your answer to my emails that we both now know did you dide not get. But I did attach the file in question yesterday for you to look at but I am not comfortable to send it to Wikisend. I will put in a bad review for you as are very rude.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Your representative yesterday asked me to send him the excell file to work on which I attached to the original email that was sent to me and sent it to him at 5.30pm yesterday. I also sent several emails to the same address asking for an estimation on on the time it would take to repair the file so I could organise my day today as far as work schedule. I eventually went to bed before any communication came through. This morning I had a request waiting for me asking me to send the file with Wikisend but to contact him prior if it was a sensative file. I replied that it was sensative and that I had in fact attached the file yesterday at 5.30pm to the email that Just Answers originally sent to me. He then notified me that I should have told him yesterday that it was sensative, bear in mind I had already sent it to Just Answers as I think you are trustworthy but I was not that comfortable to send it to Wikisend. Plus he also notified me that he does not receive those emails. So now he states that I should have told him yesterday that it was sensative and has pulled out of the job. Well thats lovely as I have now lost a day and I if find the review section for him it will be all bad. I have used your service previously under my old email address and been more than satisfied with the service but you do not need technicians with his attitude giving you a bad name.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the difficulties you have went through.. John D is a great tech and Im sorry you feel he offended you, I assure you it wouldnt be intentional.

That being said.. Your issue is still unresolved.. I think your best bet at this point..

Is to send the file via wikisend.com

when you click browse to choose the file location, after you have chosen the file location

click properties, scrool down and then check where it says password XXXXXXX the file.. And then.. set a password XXX the file..

then. post the link to the file here, and then.. post the password XX the file as well

Im not an excel expert, but Im trying to facilitate you getting an answer.

What I will do is try and locate one of our excel experts, who will then look at this question. I will also message the mods so they make this a private thread, and only experts can see it, so it protects the sensitive data in your file.

Message me if you have any further concerns.. But getting that file uploaded and sent, is of paramount importance. That way when an excel expert picks this up, you dont have to wait more , for them to ask you to send it, and then wait while they send it back to you..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Guy the file has been sent and the password XX XXXXXX all in lower cas.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI Guy the File No for Wikisend is 119974
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
im sorry.. when you send a wikisend file..

It gives you a unique download link, right after you upload it..

the full download link starts with http:www.wikisend.com/filename

that would be the link you need to post here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/119974/Simply Pies costing spreadsheet No 2.xls
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Excllent.. Im going to opt out now.. that way it opens this question to more experts..

I will message one specifically thats online, and hopefully, they arent so swamped that they can pick it up..

Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Guy, I have to leave the office now but will be back in 2.5 hours time
Expert:  EADADDARIO replied 2 years ago.

Joseph,

I may be able to help you with this issue as well. If you send me this spreadsheet, with all sensitive information removed of course, I may be able to correct this for you.

Thanks,

Ernie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me Eadaddario but due to the lenght of time since I submitted the problem to Just Answers I have had to make other arrangements to have the file repaired.
Have a good day

Joseph,

Not a problem. I understand. I will wait for a newly formatted spreadsheet from you regarding the automated Microsoft Outlook task creation.

Thanks,

Ernie