techiedog
techiedog,
30048899

I want to use fonts that are contained in my normal.dot in

Customer Question

I want to use fonts that are contained in my normal.dot in Excel. How can I add fonts to Excel?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  techiedog replied 3 years ago.

Scott :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you

Scott :

what version of office?

Customer :

Hi Scott

Customer :

2010

Scott :

To install Office fonts you actually install them using the windows control panel

Scott :

I a sorry, this stopped with wndows 7

Customer :

oh!

Scott :

this is a ttl file, correct?

Customer :

.otf

Customer :

I have five files provided to me by my client all are .otf

Scott :

Here is how to offically add a font.

Scott :

You need to copy the font file to : C:\Windows\Fonts

Customer :

ok

Scott :

Keep in mind that usually fonts are ttl file types. I am not positive otf will work. If they do, that is where fonts are stored.

Customer :

It wont let me copy the files into that folder

Scott :

what is the error?

Customer :

ok, I changed the folder from read only, the otf is an install file

Customer :

I closed excel and re-opened it but the fonts aren't there

Scott :

what happens when you double click the OTF file?

Scott :

does it give you the opportunity to install a font?

Customer :

It brings up an install window. Yes, but it only seems to install into normal.dot

Customer :

Just looking at the fonts folder and the fonts aren't there

Scott :

That is the process to install fonts. You install them at the Windows level. Once in Windows, Office pulls the fonts from there. Are you sure these fonts are valid? When you double clicked it and it allowed you to install, the process was working correctly.

Customer :

Yes, there is no problem with Word

Scott :

these show up in word?

Customer :

Yes

Scott :

I will have to opt out. The process I provided was the correct process. I am unsure why it is working in word but not in excel.

Customer :

ok, maybe I should contact Adobe, they are Adobe files

Customer :

thanks for your help anyway

Scott :

sure.

Customer :

bye