Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have a win 7 x64 system and Microsoft office 2010 and am

Customer Question

I have a win 7 x64 system and Microsoft office 2010 and am using outlook from it with 4 gig, 550 gig hd plenty of room. I use Charter for my internet and e-mail. I have addresses from bith Charter and Gmail. On my computer and My Blackberry 9780 , when I get email in I get at least two and as many as five copies of each message. I cannot figure what I have set wrongly. Also as my computer displayed before changing to 7 I would have only one listing for all the folders. this is giving me two Gmail blocks of folders and one charter. Cant think of any more info to share, Ask away. Jim
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
Greetings,

Please, do not forget to click the green I'm Satisfied / ACCEPT button if you found my answer helpful.

This is a very common problem. More often than not, the only true way to fix this is to configure Outlook to delete the message on the server after it is downloaded. Keep in mind that when this is done, the ONLY copy of your emails will be on the computer.

In Outlook, click TOOLS > Email Accounts > View or Chantge Existing account
- Select your email account and click the Change or Properties button.
- Click the More Settings button
- Click the Advanced tab
- Uncheck the "Leave copies of messages on server"
- Click Apply > Ok > Ok

Please, update me once that is complete.

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the green I'm Satisfied / ACCEPT button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

I see that you are still having problems.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES Go ahead

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=f04c39d3-a592-483d-b742-7f47406e78cb&SUPPORT=NET

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

That last remote link as expired.

Please, let me know when you are ready and I will post a new one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I am ready now go ahead and take control of my computer.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=1aeb6aa2-28a8-4b69-b5eb-c11bc4c082a7&SUPPORT=NET

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
It has been 10 minutes.

I will cancel the link now.

My day is over. I will be back tomorrow if you wish.

I am opting out of this question to allow another expert the chance to help.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I said go ahead and take control of my computer , what actiojns am I to do?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I said go ahead and take control of my computer , what actions am I to do? The reply to expert is greyed out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The other "EXPERT" asked me twice to let him take contyrol of my computer and I responded yes go ahead twice. When trying to send it both the reply buttons were greyed out. Now he tells me that I have waityed too long and he's dropping my question. Couls someone else take over and answer my expensive question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what more info do you need?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Please, understand that when I wait for you to click the link, I cannot help anyone else.

I have sent the remote link more than once.

Please, tell me when you are ready to do this. Once you do so, I will send another remote link, which will only be active for a specific duration of time.

When you tell me 'yes go ahead,' that is not the end of the remote link up process. After I send the link, you then click it and allow it to run.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you get my answer?

Just a couple of minutes ago?

Reply to expert is still greyed out

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If tyyou are on duty now just send me a message and I will styop whatever I am doing and be at your beck and call asap. I will be up for another 3 hours and back again tomorrow about noon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you are on duty now just send me a message and I will stop whatever I am doing and be at your beck and call asap. I will be up for another 3 hours and back again tomorrow about noon. EST
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

I will be here at 12pm (EST).

Instructions:
1) Send me a message when you are ready for the link.
2) Refresh this page over and over, until you see the remote link.
3) Click the remote link.
4) Allow the remote app to run.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am ready if you atre there, Your message shows a time of 8:12 am. I don't see how as I sent you a message at noon saying I was here. and tghat message was not in my computer then. But here I am.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

I will have a link ready for you in about 15 to 20 minutes.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=44356171-8d9c-41f0-85f1-4b4aa3636c9d&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to be a pain in the a.., But I am now receiving the XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX only on Google, and XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX on Outlook where Charter.net is supposed to be. What I asked for is to be able to receive both Charter and Google on Outlook with one send and receive click. Be advised I have already had contact with, I think his name was Andy, and paid him 38.00 I see no reason for paying 42.00 more when he did not fix it like I asked in the first place.

Already Tried:
Talking to you and letting you take control of my machine. I will stay home all day tomorrow if you can hook me up for some more repair work, I get up about 9 or better yet I can leave my computer on all night for you. Let me know I will be going to bed about 1130 EST. Jim
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

When I disconnected from your computer, it was working.

Please, let me know when you are ready for the remote link.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am ready for remote link

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=9febbbf1-4b84-4f13-a221-714f5e30921a&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well our fix lasted 10 days then I began to not getting any e-mail . I thought that strange then today there was none so I went to Charter.net and clicked on mail. There were 457 messages that did not come through. I checked again on my outlook - NONE and g-mail and there was NONE. Somehow we screwed up. Can you help me?
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can help.

You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/