jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support
Experience:  Network Administrator
2888018

My Outlook is not working. Do you provide online support?

My Outlook is not working. Do you provide online support? Can you remote operate my PC?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  jnayes replied 5 years ago.
Greetings.

Few questions to start.

1) Version of WIndows, xp, vista, or 7.

2) Version of Outlook (2003, 2007, 2010)

3) What happens when you try to start it, error message, etc?

Yes I can do remote support, but I need the above info to continue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've replied to this three times and it's doing nothing
I'm running Win 7 - Outlook 2007
Can you call (XXX) XXX-XXXX?
Expert:  jnayes replied 5 years ago.
This is the first reply I've seen. What happens when you start outlook? It just hangs, no error?

I've fine with doing a remote, but gathering this information is important. You staying online long enough for me to respond is also important.

No we do not offer phone support at this time (nor can anyone even see the # XXXXX posted, as to protect your privacy).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Alright.. for the forth time.
When i tap on the Outlook icon i get a window "Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting Outlook in safe mode will help....."
I attempt to start in safe mode. It says MS Outlook has stopped. Do i want to do a Detect and repair? yes.
This take about 10 to fifteen minutes while it say "Please wait while Windows configurs MS Office Ultimate 2007"
It ends up not working after retrying.
Expert:  jnayes replied 5 years ago.
Unless there's a problem with the site at the moment (possible), this is your second reply to me. You can read all replies by scrolling up, exactly what you see, is what I saw.

I can take a look at it remotely though, doesn't sound like your PST/Database.

Follow the directions below to start remote up.

Please do not click Accept until after I have resolved the issue.

|

I will present you with a link to click. Click Run Remote Desktop. It should say “Joining Session” and then you will be prompted to Run/Continue/Allow, select any of them. Your antivirus may pop up and you’ll need to allow as well. When done correctly, it should say Ready to Connect on the bottom right.

|

If it does not, try the process again (click the link again). And during Joining Session “Click to try another option” and a file download should begin. RUN that file, or Save it, then Run it. Its important that you click Allow/continue/run to any Prompts. If I’m NOT connected within a few minutes, return to this page and let me know if there is problems/errors.

|

Click the link below to begin:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=ff67780b-3e4a-4e59-9f96-bcd60df9cae9&SUPPORT=NET
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I moved to Internet Exployer from Firefox.
Expert:  jnayes replied 5 years ago.
Yeah I should have asked if you were using IE/FF.

Remote works differently.

Go ahead and try the link in Internet Explorer, should work no problem. FF is a little picky.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am on my lap top now. I want help with my wife's notebook. i hit the link but the "Joining yor session stays on the screen.
Expert:  jnayes replied 5 years ago.
Ok.

With your wife's laptop.

Open internet explorer.

And type this into the address bar:

http://tinyurl.com/justinremote344

Hit enter, follow the steps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Did it getting the connected window