namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio

I am trying to edit something in Excel and I cant remember

Customer Question

I am trying to edit something in Excel and I can't remember what I did. I created some drop down lists in a spreadsheet so a user could click on a cell and a drop down list would open and they would click one of the choices. I also set it up so that they would get a warning message if they tried to input something other than one of the choices in the drop down box. I am okay with creating the data validation. Where I am stuck is that I can't remember or find anywhere in the workbook where I created those lists / tables for the user to click on. I want to edit the lists and I can't find them anywhere on any of the tabs. I'm pretty sure that I didn't protected the workbook????? I think I just clicked on another tab and randomly created the lists but can't find where I did that??? Please help???
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  namstech replied 4 years ago.

NA-eTech :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

NA-eTech :

What is your version of Excel?

Customer :

All set - I just figured it out. Thanks. I had the sheet hidden from view and had to unhide the specific sheet / tab I had hidden. Sorry to bother you.

NA-eTech :

Great to hear that its sorted now :).

NA-eTech :

Have a nice day

Customer :

Thanks you too