giftindex
giftindex, Digital Marketing Manager / Information Services Director
Experience:  Responsible for all Marketing involving computers, Internet. Support Hardware and software, Office, Train Sales Staff.

how to change the firstdayofweek in microsoft access ?

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  giftindex replied 2 years ago.

James W :

This function returns the First, Last or any specified Day of the week as a date value.
In a blank column in the query insert:

FirstDayofWeek:([DateField] - Weekday([DateField]))+ 1

for the first day of the week or:

LastDayofWeek:([DateField] - Weekday([DateField])) + 7

for the last day of the week.

For any other day, just change the integer with the intger value that reprsents the weekday you are looking for.

Experience: Responsible for all Marketing involving computers, Internet. Support Hardware and software, Office, Train Sales Staff.
Expert:  giftindex replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above. Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did not understand the solution i have tried it and it did not work, i wanted to chat so u can give me a step to step direction
Expert:  giftindex replied 2 years ago.

Are you trying to do this is a report?

How and when are you trying to change the first day of the week?

What are you trying to change it to?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i creat a pivot table for example weekly sales, for last week it is showing me week 45, while it should be week 44.
Expert:  giftindex replied 2 years ago.

Jan 1st was on a Saturday this year. We had a 1 day week.

How do you want to handle that ?

What is the first day of the week for you?

I mean, I would expect Jan 1 to be week one, then jan 2 thru 8 to be week 2?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
first day of the week should be Monday and first week is from 03/01/11 to 09/01/11
Expert:  giftindex replied 2 years ago.

Is it defaulting for a different day of the week being the first day?

Can you tell?

Is this a new report, or is changing this going to change all previously reprted data?

Did it work correctly before and all of a sudden something has changed?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just want to make sure I can help the best way.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Never tried it before i only started making this kind of pivotables reports arround 2 months ago and it is still giving me the same problems