Dr-Obbins
Dr-Obbins, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Very experienced Information Technology professional. Business owner and computer enthusiast.
59816409

I have recently installed Office 2010 and use Excel a lot for

I have recently installed Office 2010 and use Excel a lot for my work. But the last few days, Excel has begun to freeze up when I go to save a "file as" and I lose a lot of my work. I have gone through the microsoft "Repair Program" routine, rebooted but it hasn't helped. Recently, the problem is particularly bad when I work with a file from an older version of Excel and try to save it as a 2010 file. Also, I do not have any "add-in's" activated that I know of. Can you help me please?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dr-Obbins replied 5 years ago.

Dr-Obbins :

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help! Please try deleting the app data from the computer and see if that helps.
To delete the APP DATA, please go to START > type/select RUN > type %appdata% then go to MICROSOFT > EXCEL and delete the Excel folder. Once you have done this restart Excel and see how it goes! Thansk!