Pam R
Pam R, Computer Specialist
Experience:  13 yrs+ supporting Office issues
37043666

I have Windows 7 OS, Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2010. When

Customer Question

I have Windows 7 OS, Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2010. When I have a Publisher document open and select "send email" then "send as message" I get "Publisher cannot complete the operation". I got it to work once but it has never worked again. Can this be fixed? Is Publisher 2007 incompatible with Windows 7 or Outlook 2010. Would Publisher 2010 work or could I load Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 OS? What can you tell me about this issue.
Laura
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pam R replied 2 years ago.

ptw123234 :

Hi, my name is Pam and I will try to assist you. Let me know when you are ready to try some things.

Customer :

I am not at my computer on a regular basis. Please let me know when you will be available and I will try to be at my desk. I am on moutain standard time.

ptw123234 :

Hi, I am in the UK GMT so we have a short slot. I am on until quite late at night so I will ask for information and you can just reply when you are next online, and Vice Versa. So I need to know when the last time is that you ran updates for your office program, there have been several updates to MS Office that have resolved a lot of these errors. If you could run your office updates and then reboot the pc and see if that resolves the problem. To run your office updates in publisher go to 'help' and then choose check for updates. After you have run office updates, please check for windows updates and do those to. Once you have done those, come back to me and let me know if you are able to email from publisher then. Thanks

Customer :

I have Windows updates set on manual but I run it 2 or 3 times a week so that shouldn't be the problem. I ran updates today. That brings up another question. Among the list of updates are files for MS Office 2010 32-bit. I have not been downloading them since I don't have Office 2010. Is there a way to delete unneeded updates or should I download whatever is shown, even if I don't have the software?

ptw123234 :

I would always accept updates that are available. Running the publisher updates I think you should run them from within Publisher

Customer :

I opened Publisher, clicked on Help and selected Check for Updates. It took me to the same Windows Update screen, with the same MS Office 2010 list. Please explain why you feel I should accept Office 2010 updates when my software is Office 2007.

Customer :

FYI - Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2010 were purchased as separate software, not part of MS Office.

ptw123234 :

Hi, if you are sure your publisher updates are all totally up to date then thats fine. I never refuse updates as sometimes they are backwardly compatible and will solve some issues. Although there are not any direct incompatibilities between the two programs there can be things that do not work. There are many people experiencing the same problem as you and running all available updates in both windows and publisher seems to have solved the problem for them. I will continue to research this

Customer :

I will download all updates and let you know if the problem is solved.

ptw123234 :

thanks I will await your reply

Customer :

I had computer problems over the weekend and could not follow up with you. I downloaded all of the Windows updates and Publisher still says "cannot complete the operation". Unless you have another suggestion, I think buying Publisher 2010 is the only thing left to try. Since the problem was not solved I will probably ask for a refund on my balance, no reflection on you. I bet even MS tech support couldn't permanently fix it with my current software. Thanks for trying.

ptw123234 :

No problem at all. I have not been paid for my time with you so you can speak to customer service to discuss any other payments you made to Just Answer. Take care.. If you would like to have me support you with another question in the future please go to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-pamr/ and I will be able to assist you.