jnayes, Computer Support
Experience:  Network Administrator

I run Windows 7 64 bit system. I have downloaded and installed

I run Windows 7 64 bit system. I have downloaded and installed Microsoft Office and everything works fine except Word. I click on the Word icon and the program loads as normal but when I select to open any file document to work on I receive the error message below and the program shuts down. Next time I try to open Word I receive a message stating that Word can only open in Safe Mode with the following error message - "Word Failed to start correctly last time. Starting Word in Safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode."

I open the doc in Safe Mode and can work on it and save it but this is crazy. I've tried third party solutions like WinMaximzer to fix but no change. Help! Word is our company’s primary document form. Can't use as it is.

Error Message - "Microsoft has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Only choice I'm given is to close the program!

If you double click a Word File does word immediately crash as well?

Would you be interested in a remote session (no additional charge) so I can fix this directly rather than step by step? If so please tell the internet browser you're using (ie: firefox, internet explorer, etc)

Standing by.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes when i try to open any Word doc - from my files location or from an email I'll get the same messages (though from an email it will load in Protective view and when I click off the Enhanced button then we get the same messages).

Yes you can use the remote session. I use IE as my internet browser.

Please do not click Accept until after I have resolved the issue.

I will present you with a link to click. Click Run Remote Desktop. It should say “Joining Session” and then you will be prompted to Run/Continue/Allow, select any of them. Your antivirus may pop up and you’ll need to allow as well. When done correctly, it should say Ready to Connect on the bottom right.

If it does not, try the process again (click the link again). And during Joining Session “Click to try another option” and a file download should begin. RUN that file, or Save it, then Run it. Its important that you click Allow/continue/run to any Prompts. If I’m NOT connected within a few minutes, return to this page and let me know if there is problems/errors.

Click the link below to begin: