Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Just got a new Latitude E5520 notebook with Windows 7 & Microsoft

Customer Question

Just got a new Latitude E5520 notebook with Windows 7 & Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010. All email accounts worked fine for several days. Now when I try to send an email it just hangs up in the Outbox. Went online & found 2 solutions which work- F9 sends them & also starting in safe mode sends them. But obviously there is a problem. How do I correct this?
Note- I am an experienced user.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Since you can send in safe mode it sounds like something that is normally running is blocking the mail from being sent. Most likely the culprit is your security/anti-virus software.

Do you know which anti-virus/firewall you are running? Please try and disable it for testing and see if you can sent.

Also you can disable windows firewall by clicking start and typing firewall.cpl and press enter.

Please reply back to me and let me know the above.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've already tried the anitvirus (Norton Security Suite)- did not work. Don't have time to try anthing else now. WIll have to try later.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 years ago.
Ok. I suggest you disable the norton anti-virus completely and windows firewall if it is running and see if you can send. If you can then the issue is probably a mis-configured norton firewall.

If you need further help later please reply to me.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The answer did not help. I had already tried both of those things. From additional research I've done, it appears that there is a bug in Microsoft Office 2010 & until they correct it, I & many others will continue to have this problem.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 years ago.
I was not aware of that bug. If you would like can submit the question to customer service for a refund. Please let me know.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not satisfied with the answer I got as I had already tried the things suggested. I found out on my own that there is a bug in Microsoft Office 2010 (even if they won't admit it), so yes I would like a refund.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 years ago.
I will submit the question for a refund.

Thank You