Augwest8
Augwest8, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Have been using the Office platform for well over 10 years and have been supporting it on MAC and PC.
37817776

MS ACCESS 2007. I have a dB that was working fine on Windows

Customer Question

MS ACCESS 2007. I have a dB that was working fine on Windows XP. Some functions no longer work when its run on Windows 7. 1st error message I get is "There is no object in this control". I press OK. My dB front page opens normally. 1st page command buttons now work accept one which again throws up the "Object doesn't support this property or method. I would be happy to zip the whole dB and forward to an expert if this resulted in a fix. I suspect the underlying prob is somehow related to Windows 7.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Augwest8 replied 5 years ago.

Augwest8 :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Usually you receive this error if you have any VBA commands in the database say something requiring an OCX control or Active Directory control that you had installed on the previous computer but your windows 7 box does not

Is there anything else in the error message you are receiving? Does it point to a specifc VBA command?

Augwest8 :

Sorry meant to say an Active X control not active directory

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I had to go out. I am located in the south west corner of Western Australia.

Well I sort of figured it was something in VBA but I need more specific assistance than this.

Would you be able to be more helpful if I sent you the dB?

It contains no sensitive data, and file size when zipped is under 950KB
Expert:  Augwest8 replied 5 years ago.
You can post it on wikisend.com or a similar site and post the link here so I can down load it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/622246/Aust-ADs-r25.zip
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please be advised I have fixed this myself. For your info the solution was activeX control msinet.ocx was missing. I downloaded that and placed it in the correct windows\sysWOW64 folder. Registered it and BINGO all is well again.