sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting

I have a newer HP computer (2010). It as Microsoft 2010 Home

I have a newer HP computer (2010). It as Microsoft 2010 Home and Student in stalled on it. Since this program does not have provision for contacts, calender, appointment, etc and I currently have a good 2003 XP Student and Teacher Edition, would there be any conflict or other problems that may results in using the XP program.
Although it is not recommend , you can install and use more than one version of Microsoft Office on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 97 on the same computer. I will describes the problems that you may experience if you do this and offers advice to help prevent different versions of Office from conflicting with each other.

Note Microsoft does not support the use of multiple versions of Microsoft Office on a Terminal Server. Coexistence is not supported on versions of Windows that are running Terminal Services. If you have to run multiple versions of Office, disable Terminal Services.

If you want to install and use more than one version of Office on the same computer, you must install the earliest version first. For example, if you want to use both Office 97 and Microsoft Office XP on the same computer, install Office 97 first. You must follow this step because of the way that registry keys, shared programs, file extensions, and other settings are managed for each version of Office, and for the programs that are included with each version of Office.

The following table shows the order that you must use install each version of Office.
Office VersionInstallation Order
Office 97First
Office 2000Second
Office XPThird
Office 2003Fourth
Important If you subsequently remove one of the installed versions of Office, you may have to reinstall the remaining versions of Office in this order for each version to work correctly.