EADADDARIO
EADADDARIO, MicrosoftOfficeGuru
Experience:  Microsoft Office guru, especially Microsoft Excel
62889167

I have a spreadsheet I use to follow up on critical timing

I have a spreadsheet I use to follow up on critical timing follow up issues. I use Outlook 2010. Is there a way to have the spreadsheet set with alarms within Outlook (or some other method) to pop up on certain dates and/or times to review progress?

EADADDARIO :

I can write a small piece of VBA code that you would launch from your spreadsheet. This piece of code could create a Microsoft Outlook task where you can set a reminder date/time. The date/time should probably be in one of the Microsoft Excel rows you are monitoring. Let me know if you are interested.

Customer:

What is VBA code? Is there additional cost to me for you to write the code?

EADADDARIO :

VBA Code is how macros are written inside of the various Microsoft Office applications. VBA stands for Visual Basic for Applications. No additional cost needed. If you send me a sample spreadsheet I can incorporate the finished code into your spreadsheet. You can use bogus data if you want. You need to make sure that the Microsoft Outlook task you are trying to create has the minimal information:

EADADDARIO :

Subject

EADADDARIO :

Due Date

EADADDARIO :

Reminder (with Date and Time)

EADADDARIO :

If you send me spreadsheet I will send you working version for your $11 asking price.

Customer:

Yes, I would be most grateful. Please find it attached. How do I get it to you? There is no "attachment" ability here. So you have an email to which I can send it?

Customer:

I have sent the file to your email address, looking forward to your work. Thank you.

EADADDARIO :

Joseph,

I jsut sent you an e-mail that contains completed spreadsheet. The e-mail body includes instructions on how to initial set up Microsoft Excel and use spreadsheet.

I hope this is what you were look for. Please accept if you are satisfied.

Thanks.

Ernie D'Addario

Customer:

Thank you very much. I sent you a response to your email.