Suryanto
Suryanto, Programmer
Experience:  8 years experience in VBA(Excel, Word, Outlook and Access)
48489642

Im have a combo box on my form and a preview report bottom

I'm have a combo box on my form and a preview report bottom working find. I select the numbers from the combo box that I want to display on the preview report but the report display all the data. I need help this is my last step
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Welcome to Justanswer.

I am Suryanto and I will assist you.

Could you send me the Access file ?
Please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your file there.
Once you do that you get a page that has the File Id and Download Link.

Please
copy the fileid or download link and please paste here in your reply

graphic
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
file ID 308848

the money has been accepted and after I get an answer he is welcome to the money. I'm new at this and I trying it out to see if I can handle access database. Thank you.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
I will check this and let you know
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the daily scheduling form is were I have th combo bottom and the preview report bottom. the combo bottom is name [CYL ASSY] I need to be able to click the combo bottom and select only the numbers that is listed within the bottom and for only the selected numbers to show up on the report which is call the daily scheduling report and save daily report.

I would said that I need the combo box on the form to genrate a report with select data that is call from the box to be displayed on the report.

XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
are you using access 2010? thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes I'm
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
when would you need this? thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
soon as possible.....
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
how about tomorrow morning ? thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That will work and I will make sure you get paid. and were is this green bottom to relese the deposit
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
ok. the green button will appear after i post the solution. thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thank you

Jackie
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
Ok, Good night
Thank you
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.

This is the file
http://wikisend.com/download/190600/Scheduling1a.accdb

Change the macro criteria in preview button

graphic

Hope this helps

Please let me know if you have problem or please click ACCEPT so I am compensated for my time
Bonus and Feedback are highly appreciated

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it work but it's only given me one of the record that I selected
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by it's only given me one of the record that I selected ?

If you select(NNN) NNN-NNNN it will display two records

graphic
Please let me know what should be displayed in report when you select(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when I selecte the numbers(NNN) NNN-NNNN276-4797,336-2366,340-8750,349-6041 it only showed the last number not all the numbers that were selected. if I selecte 10 or 20 differnt number I need all of them on the report.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
do you mean you select the number in combo box ? now the combo will allow only 1 number to select

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will selecte the other number but the last number that is selected dispaly on the report.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
Pardon, I don't understand. How can we select more than one number in a combobox ?

Where do you select the numbers ?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I selecte the combo box and select a number and hit enter I than selecte another number and hit enter and it display all the rocord that I have selete to genrate the report.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I select the combo box and select a number and hit enter I than select another number and hit enter and it display all the record that I have select to generate the report.

there is over 200 records and I need to be able to select only the ones that I need for that day to get the job done. All the record that have been selected need to be display onto the report each day, this is something that I do each day in order to get my job done.

Is there some way that can tell the combo box to selected and save and replete the process and until the report bottom has been selected to generate the report.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there any way to filter the combo box so when a number is XXXXX it mark the record and send it to the report. select this number next select this number mark next select this number mark and send all to report
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for delay because time difference

I will find solution fior you

Thank you
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.

This should solve your problem
http://www.wikisend.com/download/150664/Scheduling2a.accdb

The Listbox is set to multiselect so you can select multiple items

Multiple items are selected by holding down SHIFT and clicking them with the mouse or by holding down SHIFT and pressing an arrow key to extend the selection from the previously selected item to the current item.

Holding down CTRL and clicking an item selects or deselects that item.

You can also select items by dragging with the mouse.

Thank you
Suryanto, Programmer
Experience: 8 years experience in VBA(Excel, Word, Outlook and Access)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its working and I do thank you, XXXXX XXXXX go back and put them cyl assy number in accending order. How can I send a bonus to you/
Expert:  Suryanto replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jackie,

To sort cyl assy number, view report in design mode, select Report section and change order by to [Cylinder Part Query].[CYL ASSY], [Cylinder Part Query].[ID]

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This is the file
http://wikisend.com/download/470534/Scheduling3a.accdb

Thank you for accept

To send bonus, you can use Bonus button

Thanks in advance