Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

Cannot down load Microsoft Outlook. the following messages

Cannot down load Microsoft Outlook. the following messages appear:
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A required component is missing:OMINT.DLL Pleast install
Microsoft Outlook again.
The required file RTFHTML.dll cannot be found in your path, please reinstall Microsoft Outlook.
[email protected]
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to, a third party technical support company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today.

1. What is your Operating System, Windows XP/Vista/7?
  2. What version of MS Outlook are you using, 2003/2007/2010?
  3. Is MS Outlook a solo product? Or is it a part of MS Office installation disc?
  4. Is this the first time to install the software? Or is Outlook been working but stopped working recently?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. Windows XP

2. 2002

3. MS Office

4.No. Has been working but stopped 11/2/11

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with those information.

Do you have the original MS Office installation CD or DVD?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
How did you install MS Office before? Is it with a downloaded installer or through an installation CD?

Based on the error message, a critical component of MS Outlook is missing and it can only be reloaded by doing a re-install of MS Office with MS Outlook since the missing files will be replaced with the original version in the installation CD.

Anyhow, since Outlook has been working fine before, please try to do a System Restore.

How to Run System Restore in Windows

1. Navigate to the Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools program group.
  2. Click on the System Restore program icon.
  3. Click Next => on the Restore system files and settings window.
  4. Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use a restore point with a prior date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now. Use a point dated like 1 week ago or two weeks ago.

Important: You need to check the Show more restore points checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points available in your system.

System Restore will only restore your system files and settings that was previously saved as a Restore Point. It will not affect your personal files.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,