JohnTheExpert
JohnTheExpert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have 6+ years of desktop and network support. I've worked with multiple applications including all versions of MS office.
60084953

Windows 7/Office10. I cannot get autocomplete to work in Outlook

Customer Question

Windows 7/Office10. I cannot get autocomplete to work in Outlook beyond a single session. Every time I exit the program, the autocomplete cache seems to vaporize and I have to start over.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks,
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  JohnTheExpert replied 5 years ago.

JohnTheExpert :

are you connected to an corporate Microsoft exchange server or using outlook fro personal email (gmail, Hotmail, yahoo, etc...)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am typically connected to a corporate MS Exchange server, but probably 1 out of 3 sessions I am not connected due to being on a plane or whatever. Also, FYI, I typically put my computer to sleep and do not fully shut it down between sessions.
thanks
outlook 2010 houses it's autocomplete cache on the exchange server itself. Previously it was housed on the local computer.
I noticed you said you cleared your cache exchange mode , are you currently in cache exchange mode now?
are you using any add-ins , such as adobe acrobat or itunes? Seems the issue may be outlook is not closing properly and this does not allow the outlook application to write the changes to the autocomplete file.