John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

I have an xcel work sheet that we fill in the quanity on sheet

Customer Question

I have an xcel work sheet that we fill in the quanity on sheet 2 and it is carried over to sheet one. Sheet one is the quote we send the customer. How can I hide the lines on sheet one that contain zero. As in we did not enter a quanity into sheet 2.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

You need a macro for that. I will be happy to write one for you but I need you to send me the file so I can set it up on (let me know if you need help uploading files on this site)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok how can I upload it for you? The attachment says just graphics

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Yes you can you use that graphics tool to upload excel files

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Got it, thanks

So essentially you want to hide the rows between row 8 and 58 that have a blank or 0 in column B. Correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that is correct. That way only the items that have a number entered on sheet 2 show up on sheet 1
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure I understand the sheet1 connection. I thought you wanted to hide rows on sheet2 that have no quantities on sheet2 also.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not really, sheet 2 is the work sheet that we fill out to establish the cost. Sheet 1 is the quote that we send to the customer. We need to be able to fill in sheet 2 and have the items shown on sheet 1, unfortunately, not all the items on sheet 2 are to be carried over.

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I don't see any meaningful list on sheet1. Please send me a sheet with some non zero data in sheet1 and tell me which rows in that sample sheet need to be hidden

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is a sheet that has not had the zero rows deleted.

Attachment: 2011-11-03_152250_test_sheet2.xlsx

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

You will actually need two macros. One to hide rows, and to reset all rows so you can modify qty or start a new quote

Ok I am on it now...Will get back to you as soon as I am done..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Done. Here is a screenshot of the result after running the first macro

graphic

If that is what you are trying to accomplish thank you for clicking accept while I send you the file

John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how will you send the file?

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Thanks!

Here is the file with the macros

http://www.2shared.com/file/9k2NAAtM/2011-11-03_152250_test_sheet2a.html

Please note that since there is a macro in the file you need to make sure that you have your Excel Options configured so that macros are allowed to run, otherwise nothing happens when you click the button. If you need assistance in this regard please let me know,.and provide the version of Excel you are running

Try it and let me know if it needs any tweaking or if you have any questions

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

By the way make sure to click the blue DOWNLOAD button at the bottom of the download page

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it keeps saying macros are disabled

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
office xcel 2007
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok close all Excel applications and files, then start Excel 2007,
1- click the Office button
2- click Excel Options button
3- in the left pane click Trust Center
4- click Trust Center Settings button
5- in the left pane click Macro Settings
6- select "Enable all macros...".

Let me know how it goes