Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.

Just loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook is/wont

Customer Question

Just loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook is/wont connect.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Have you hone through the set up of your mail account in outlook? Please let me know who your email provider(yahoo, hotmail, gmail, or something else?) is and I will provide you with instructions on getting this working.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My email account is Roadrunner. XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I've sucessfully loaded outlook on my laptop recently. I would like to connect to the RR server instead of the POP -server.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
For privacy reasons your email address is blocked out to me and just looks like this

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Please tell me what it says to the right of the @ symbol.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nc.rr.com
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you.
Here are instructions on proper set up. you mentioned that you want to use rr server instead of POP server, this pop server is RR servers and is the one you need to use to make it work.

Open Outlook and navigate to “File” menu option

Locate and click on the button with caption: “+Add Account”. It will open the second dialog form titled “Add New Account” with sub-title “Auto Account Setup”. At the bottom of the form locate and select the option (radio button) “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click the “Next” button

Another dialog box will appear with the same title, but the sub-title will change to “Choose Service” with the first option (radio button) titled “Internet email” selected by default (if not, select it manually). Click the “Next” button to proceed

The next and final dialog form with sub-title “Internet E-Mail Settings” will appear Populate the following fields, entering:

Your Name as you want it to appear in the email

Your Road Runner Email address;

Account type shown in the drop-down should be selected as “POP3”

Incoming mail server: pop-server.sc.rr.com

Outgoing mail server: smtp-server.sc.rr.com

User Name field should be auto-populated, corresponding to your email address (<YourEmail>, the part prior to the “@” character); otherwise, enter it manually

Enter the RoadRunner account password (password XX XXXX sensitive)

Click on the button “Test Account Settings” to verify the proper account settings and upon success, click on the button “More Settings” and in the new dialog box “Internet E-mail Settings” enter the name of your email account up to your preference (for example, “Road Runner mail”), then click OK

If you have problems reply to me and let me know.

Thank You