Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

The spell checker appears to have been diabled. How can I reengage

Customer Question

The spell checker appears to have been diabled. How can I reengage it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 years ago.

Shefin :

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is Shefin and I will be happy to assist you.

Shefin :

Shefin :

Please let me know when you are ready.

JACUSTOMER-zs16ywfj- :

the spell checker on my mircosoft outlook express is turned off. can I change this?

Shefin :

Are you using windows XP?

JACUSTOMER-zs16ywfj- :

yes

Shefin :

Please wait for a minute.

Shefin :

Since when are you experiencing this issue?

Shefin :

Is it after installing Microsoft office?

Shefin :

I would suggest you download and install spell check for your outlook express from the link given below.

JACUSTOMER-zs16ywfj- :

I did not install the program. This problem is occuring at my work place and it is not occurring to my cooworkers..

Shefin :

Go to the link and click [email protected]

Expert:  Shefin replied 5 years ago.

I apologize that I have lost you from chat. I would suggest you try the following instructions in order to resolve the issue.
  1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedt32, and then click OK.
  2. Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, expand the Software folder, and then expand the Microsoft folder.
  3. Double-click to expand the Shared Tools folder, and then click the SharedFilesDir value.
  4. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
  5. Type C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ in the Value Data box, and then click OK.
  6. Quit Registry Editor.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you download and install the third part spell checker.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.

Thank you.
S H E F I N