Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

Ive lost my Word and Excel while doing a recovery procedure

Customer Question

I've lost my "Word" and "Excel" while doing a recovery procedure despite assured me that the procedure does not effect my files. I reversed the recovery but the files did not return,I even lost the desktop icons'What to be done?

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using

Please open (My) Computer, then open the C: drive, then open the Users folder (or Documents and settings folder if Users folder is not available), then check each account folder and subfolders for your files/program icons.

If that does not work, how did you do the recovery? Did it reinstall windows/reset the computer to factory settings? Did it give you any warning?

Thank you.