namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio
31303650

I just installed Office 2010 Professional. Everything seems

I just installed Office 2010 Professional. Everything seems to work fine except for the navigation pane in Outlook. If I am in the "contacts" mode and try to switch to the "mail" mode via the navigation pane, Outlook stops working. Contacts seems to be the one item that doesn't work in the navigation pane. I have done a file repair with "scanpst.exe"., have done a program repair via the control panel and via the program disk, have unplugged and re-plugged the computer, searched the knowledge base for answers and have done various other adjustments, but nothing seems to work. Can you help me? Thank you. XXX XXXXXXXX
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  namstech replied 5 years ago.

NA-eTech :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

NA-eTech :

Have you tried running Outlook in safe mode?

JACUSTOMER-igtqbdtq- :

No, I'll try it now.

NA-eTech :

Ok. Let me know how it goes :)

JACUSTOMER-igtqbdtq- :

I tried safe mode and a window came up indicating an install, that was followed by a comment indicating that there was a problem with the license and the program (Ootlook) closed. I exited safe mode, turned off the computer, turned it on again in regular mode and opened Excel, Outlook and Word, and in each case, I verified that the product was activated.

NA-eTech :

How did you run the program in safe mode?

NA-eTech :

You can start it in safe mode by pressing and holding CTRL key and then clicking Outlook to open it.

JACUSTOMER-igtqbdtq- :

Looks like this is going to be a long drawn out process, and I know how to tediously work around the problem, so let's terminate the process and I'll go ahead and accept for your time involvement. Thank you.